my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » METAL CHURCH calls it quits!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: METAL CHURCH calls it quits!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 07, 2009 20:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a bummer. Bad bad news.

http://www.metalchurchmusic.com/

quote:
A message from the band..

July 7 , 2009

To all of our fans and friends...

We regretfully announce that Metal Church is calling it quits.

The performance at Rocklahoma will be our last show. We have had to cancel the shows scheduled for August and that, among other things, has led us to have to make this decision.

There has been far too much frustration and disappointment in trying to keep moving forward. The collapse of our record company, SPV, has made it next to impossible for us continue in any kind of professional manner due to lack of tour support. This decision was not made lightly.

We do have unfinished business in the studio, and with any luck we will have something that will be of interest to Metal Church fans in the near future.

We would like to thank all the fans that have stuck with Metal Church through all these years, the line-up changes and the ups and downs.

We can't tell you how much your support has meant to us, we appreciate each and every one of you.

It's been a great ride... thanks for being a part of it.

Metal Church

It's sad to see what was once a great band end this way.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 08, 2009 02:48     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This really is sad news...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 09, 2009 18:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm bummed.
Metal Church certainly had their ups and downs and line up changes that could rival YES or King Crimson, but they have created a pretty damn impressive catalog of albums (some better than others) and not to mention some of the stupidest art ever used for heavy metal album covers.
I really thought the last release "This Perfect Wasteland" really captured the Metal Church sound again, and Ronnie did a fine job singing.

I had always hoped they'd bring back Mike Howe after David Wayne died.

Sorry to see them end their career.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 14, 2009 20:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been spinning their complete catalog over the last few days, making my way through all the albums and have really been enjoying it. Blessing in Disguise was never a big favorite of mine and i used to only like a couple songs on it, but after listening to this time I gotta say, it's a damn fine album that holds up with the best of their catalog.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan