my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD: 'Infini' First-Week Sales Revealed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD: 'Infini' First-Week Sales Revealed
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 01, 2009 14:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD: 'Infini' First-Week Sales Revealed - July 1, 2009

"Infini", the new album from Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD, sold around 840 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. (Note: Internet/digital sales **ARE** included in the SoundScan totals.) The CD landed at position No. 67 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

VOIVOD's final album featuring the group's late guitarist, Denis "Piggy" D'Amour, "Infini" was released in the U.S. on June 23 via Relapse Records. The CD, which was issued in Europe via Nuclear Blast, contains the last thirteen songs written by Piggy and again features bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted (ex-METALLICA). Jason played bass on all the songs and mixed the album, which was released as a deluxe, digipack CD and was also issued on vinyl as a double LP.

"Infini" was built from the final songs created by the band with D'Amour. All his original demo guitar tracks appear as they were recorded — with no re-amping and no overdubs; just Piggy as he played the tracks he envisioned in his small bachelor apartment, the amp in the bathroom, capturing his performance with the laptop given to him by Jason.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 01, 2009 20:13     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, my lame ass finally picked up a copy today so make that 841!
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted July 02, 2009 12:59     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shit - thats not very many....

you'd have thought just with newstead's name attached - at least some metallica fans would buy it.

Especially as its infini-tely better than metallica's albums.

It deserves a much bigger audience - like van der graaf generator too - I guess good quality music will only appeal to a tiny minority - as the vast majority of people are thick as fuck - and will buy any shit - thats why the worst songs you've ever heard frequently reach no. 1

(

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 02, 2009 14:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Well, my lame ass finally picked up a copy today so make that 841!

So...what do you think? Have you had time to crank it up in the car yet?

Well, at least we know there are about 841 cool-ass music listeners in the WORLD!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted July 02, 2009 17:09     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still go by the buy two rule, one for me and another purchased on the 23rd from my record store (Vintage Vinyl in Fords NJ) for the kids.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 02, 2009 17:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was expecting the number to be a lot high than that. maybe if they get to tour the states it would help boost sales. I'm sure with the touring they are doing in Europe and the opening slot for Down is helping sales.

IT'S A GREAT FUCKIN' ALBUM!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted July 02, 2009 19:38     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These numbers are just a proof that majority of people on earth are brainwashed by all the crap (or should I say krap radio...) this make me sick

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 02, 2009 19:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probably just that most people are downloading instead of buying cds now.. there's got to be a hell of a lot more people than that listening to it!

--------------------

String em up

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 02, 2009 20:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Probably just that most people are downloading instead of buying cds now.. there's got to be a hell of a lot more people than that listening to it!

1234 downloads on 2 demonoid torrents right now. i wonder if these stats count all the pre-orders.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 02, 2009 21:52     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
don't you realize
we're under hypnotized
there is no better sight
when we look in your eyes

I am not sharing Infini but my slsk has been freaking out on VoiVod this past week.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 02, 2009 22:09     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
So...what do you think? Have you had time to crank it up in the car yet?

Well, at least we know there are about 841 cool-ass music listeners in the WORLD!

I love it! Morpheus so far is my favorite and there's not one weak song on the disc in my humble opinion.

I now must see Voivod again. Seriously, please come to the States (New Mexico in particular).........with Blacky!

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted July 03, 2009 01:22     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod coulda used a Walmart deal, I guess. Cause we Americanz gon-a-need-a-tell'in what music to buy a-long with our Family size portions of Fri-tos and Chee-tos and Dori-tos!

Better yet, Voivod appears on American Idol!!!

*How Fucking cool would it be to have one of those Karaoke champions take on "Tornado" and then follow up with something more sensitive and mellow like "Into My Hypercube"

Pretty Fucking cool, that's how!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 03, 2009 10:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
Voivod coulda used a Walmart deal, I guess. Cause we Americanz gon-a-need-a-tell'in what music to buy a-long with our Family size portions of Fri-tos and Chee-tos and Dori-tos!

Better yet, Voivod appears on American Idol!!!

*How Fucking cool would it be to have one of those Karaoke champions take on "Tornado" and then follow up with something more sensitive and mellow like "Into My Hypercube"

Pretty Fucking cool, that's how!

how soon everyone forgets "Rockstar Supernova", haha....

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 03, 2009 14:09     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I think the count applies only to US copies. So it's 841 cool-ass American music listeners.

Minus 1, because I bought mine from the Relapse store

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 03, 2009 16:21     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh heh...minus one more, I got my copy from Relapse as well

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 03, 2009 23:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why wouldn't the copies we purchased from Relapse count? Don't they go through soundscan, or is it just the retail outlets that have real stores where people go in walk around and buy something while being subjected to crap music being played through the sound system?

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 06, 2009 03:24     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think DBC meant that while the digital orders are included in the (way too fucking small, what's wrong with people???) figures, at least two of them have been sold to European customers, hence -2 cool-ass American Voivod fans

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 06, 2009 05:54     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
I think DBC meant that while the digital orders are included in the (way too fucking small, what's wrong with people???) figures, at least two of them have been sold to European customers, hence -2 cool-ass American Voivod fans

Yup

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted July 06, 2009 10:02     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
530 copies first week in Canada. #107 on the Canadian Soundscan Top 200
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted July 07, 2009 06:27     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No European numbers yet? I bought it both digital and "physical". So thats 2 copies so far at least

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted July 07, 2009 19:53     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I purchased mine from Amazon yesterday.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan