my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod inspired illustration..hope you like it..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod inspired illustration..hope you like it..
reluctantking
VoivodFan
Member # 653

posted June 29, 2009 19:49     Profile for reluctantking   Email reluctantking     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Hi-Res image

|  IP: Logged
reluctantking
VoivodFan
Member # 653

posted June 29, 2009 19:52     Profile for reluctantking   Email reluctantking     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uhh..sorry about this. seems I still dont know how to do to this. if still curious, go to my blog at:
http://introvertedloudmouth.blogspot.com/

its right there. thanks..

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 29, 2009 20:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
E X C E L L E N T ! ! !

--------------------

yawn

reluctantking
VoivodFan
Member # 653

posted June 29, 2009 20:41     Profile for reluctantking   Email reluctantking     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks! I guess i have been pretty excited about things lately. It has been nice to see that things aren't over yet, plus it has been nice to see the band FINALLY getting the props that they always deserved.

pleeeeease come and play the states!

Voivod Maniac
VoivodFan
Member # 337

posted June 29, 2009 21:07     Profile for Voivod Maniac   Email Voivod Maniac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NICE!!!

--------------------

To The Death!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 30, 2009 09:03     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's fucking brilliant! Amazing skills there bro
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 30, 2009 10:29     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff. Cool with having Piggy standing there in the background, looking things over with a smile on his face

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 30, 2009 11:14     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AMAZING work!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 30, 2009 11:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice work...as always!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 30, 2009 14:01     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice

--------------------

String em up

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted June 30, 2009 15:37     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Krazy Kool!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 30, 2009 15:38     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
totally krazy kool !!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 30, 2009 16:02     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love it.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 30, 2009 18:12     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you rule, Brian. ive been begging Blacky for US shows, too...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

reluctantking
VoivodFan
Member # 653

posted June 30, 2009 18:20     Profile for reluctantking   Email reluctantking     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks..looks like it could be a cool t-shirt is what I thought when I finished it!

No to step on anyones toes, but I have had a tiny bit of e-mail contact with Michel in the past and lost his e-mail. I would like to send the band the Piggy RIP cartoon I did in his honor in one of my books. If anyone knows they could send me a private message with some contact info. I just thought it would be nice to get that to them.

Again, beg those guys to play down here! They could play in Raleigh NC no problem! We'd promote the shit out of it and people would come out for sure.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 01, 2009 10:50     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ill ask around for that email. we just got back from vacation in Blowing Rock yesterday (we live in Columbia now). a trip to Raleigh would be no problem, for sure.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 01, 2009 17:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first thought was T-SHIRT when I first looked at the image. I know I'd HAVE to buy one, although has there ever been an official Voivod shirt that didn't use Away's own artwork?

--------------------

yawn

reluctantking
VoivodFan
Member # 653

posted July 01, 2009 18:15     Profile for reluctantking   Email reluctantking     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no, I suppose not. it is bordering on blasphemy actually! But i would love to be the first.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted July 01, 2009 23:40     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny as hell!!! Thanks man, that is pretty much how we feel also.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 02, 2009 04:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't the Infini cover the first Voivod art not done by Away? Says on the album sleeve: "front cover gas mask courtesy of Jean Marc E Roy".
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted July 02, 2009 10:15     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Superb drawing! I love Piggy up there checking on things

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 02, 2009 14:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Isn't the Infini cover the first Voivod art not done by Away? Says on the album sleeve: "front cover gas mask courtesy of Jean Marc E Roy".

Away did it for the poster of Jean-Marc E. Roy's movie "Panorama: seeking Voivod". Away sold it to him, but decided it would be a nice CD cover, so he asked JMER the permission to use it, since it belongs to JMER.

Am I making sense?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 02, 2009 18:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for clearing that up about the gas mask cover Maldororz. that does make sense, and if Away hadn't done the illustration he should have sued the artist for plagiarism.

--------------------

yawn

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 02, 2009 21:55     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reluctantking:
If anyone knows they could send me a private message with some contact info.

I don't have his personal email, but he's on Facefuck so it might be a start. Here:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=542728496&hiq=langevin

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted July 05, 2009 13:35     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the uninitiated, the posting artist Brian Walsby has been doing art for underground bands for frickin' ever and is a damn good drummer in his own right (my fave being the one and only SNAKE NATION LP).

Three thumbs up!

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan