my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Good INFINI review on HELLBOUND.CA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good INFINI review on HELLBOUND.CA
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted June 22, 2009 15:50     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and no I didn't write it. I do own the site, but I assigned someone to review the record and just told them to review it as they would review any other record, that it didn't matter that I worked for the band...
http://www.hellbound.ca/2009/06/voivod-infini/

|  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 22, 2009 19:16     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Voivod’s future as a studio band remains uncertain. If Infini does turn out to be the last record we do hear from these heroes of Canadian metal, though, we couldn’t have asked for a finer, classier way to go out. Voivod forever, indeed.

no way man !!! I dont know about the rest of you fans but I still have plenty of life left in me and it would just suck living out the rest of my days not getting music from VoiVod (specially with Blacky on bass) Between Blacky, Snake and Away I would have to say there is enough VOD in their veins to carry on, they know how their music is supposed to sound. Any guitarist trying to fill Piggys shoes knows well the task that faces them and will most likely try their hardest to write in vein of Piggy's sound but also bringing something new to the voivod sound at the same time. (trying to emulate Piggy will make any guitarist grow another finger)

one thing I do know is only VoiVod make a certain metal sound of this type and I just dont like the thought of doing without it or without waiting on another release to come out. On the other hand I am also wanting badly to hear Blacky write again with Snake and Away... that is still VoiVod enough it would'nt even need guitar !!!

otherwise it was a good, but short review...

!!! VOIVOD !!!

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan