my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » well, how was download ?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: well, how was download ?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 12, 2009 14:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i mean, i got a great webcast of limp bizkit to watch so i'm not complaining here. oh wait, what, you're still watching opeth? it's ok, i can wait.
 |  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 12, 2009 19:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Faith No More (I know how you love Patton Nia) should be on soon..............9PM eastern...
http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/webcast/

And oh BTW, my chat doesn't work anymore....

Is that cause I haven't paid my dues yet??

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 12, 2009 19:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try re-registering. mine wasn't working either so that's what i did...

i watched a bit of FNM earlier today. it was allright.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 12, 2009 19:55     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhhh shit, yeah, 9pm their time..........hahahahaha.....but wait, Korn is playing right now!!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 13, 2009 07:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
watching devil driver right now!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 14, 2009 08:47     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tesla were going fucking great and then Slipknot came on.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Voïronthrax
VoivodFan
Member # 403

posted June 14, 2009 17:12     Profile for Voïronthrax   Email Voïronthrax     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, £74.75 for the ticket (including booking fees and the 'delivery charge' - a delivery charge for picking it up from the box office - Ticketmaster = rip off!!!), then however much else to get there (ok so it not far from where I live, could almost have walked!) and the daylight-robbery beer prices (actually, don't need beer - seeing Voïvod!).

So [purely based on the ticket price] that means that with the half hour set they were given, I paid £2.4916667 (about $4.1) for every minute Voïvod was on stage (although Blacky and Away spent a little time beforehand setting up, guess that counts as extra stage time too right?!). Certainly the most expensive band I have ever seen.

Also totally worth every last penny.

Shame the band themselves are not paid that sort of rate for performing!

But back to the point, aside from giving myself whiplash ('Voïvod' AND 'Tornado' - it was inevitable!) and it being way way way too short, it has to have been about the best gig I've ever seen (I'm thinking mainly Cynic and Madder Mortem as the only real competion here, all totally awesome and beyond the world of mortals, but even a short Voïvod set seems to have had the edge!).

Then again, been waiting soooooo long for this (missed my only other chance seeing them when they played London a while back, with Eric, for a completely useless reason that still annoys me!) so anything would have been good. But they did not give good. They gave totally awesome ultimate greatness.

Additionally, no disrespect to Jason (he's done a lot for the band in recent years) or Eric, but it was so good to see that Liberatore bass (and being on Blacky's side of the stage I got to really enjoy the sound of it properly too, awesome!). Far too short a set though. Have I mentioned that yet?
Got some reasonable pictures and even got a plectrum (er, 'pick' if you're American I do believe) (very thick shark fin, not seen one quite so melted before!), well, I think this is about as good as it gets!
Even saw a couple of other people in Voïvod shirts around the place (should have been more though)!

Biggest regret was that Piggy could not be there.

And it was too short!

But otherwise, totally and utterly awesome!

Oh, there were some other bands on too as an added bonus, but really it was Voïvod all the way !!!

Awesome.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 15, 2009 06:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was a blast... I've got some drunken "arty" photos (for "arty" read "blurred") that I'll share with you once I sand-blast the filth off my skin!

I'm off to stand at the bottom of my garden and pretend I'm still there...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 15, 2009 11:48     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

i don't know what snake is doing here but it's funny.

photo credit

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 15, 2009 14:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, nice reveiw voironwhateverax.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 15, 2009 15:11     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

i don't know what snake is doing here but it's funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlnbmZK7GxU

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 15, 2009 16:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh bummer....Miley Cyrus, I almost puked my bologna sandwich onto my keyboard!

--------------------

Voïronthrax
VoivodFan
Member # 403

posted June 15, 2009 19:20     Profile for Voïronthrax   Email Voïronthrax     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope this works:

These are the best two I got, rather dark on a CRT monitor but better on an LCD, well the camera was an antique digital one that I took as I wouldn't have been too upset about losing, all things considered I think they came out ok!

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted June 15, 2009 22:10     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they do put on one hell of a show !!

cool pics !

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 16, 2009 06:16     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Couple of blurred camera-phone pix:

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted June 17, 2009 11:09     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Superb gig. I got to meet Snake in the VIP area, the only member of the original line up I'd never met.

But more than that I finally got to put a face to the legend that is "H". Nice to finally meet you fella

--------------------

Good lord ! How long ago was that???

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 18, 2009 05:23     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good call Pup - great to put a face to the name! I ended up leaving during Deft Leotard's set on Sunday so wasn't around for the last night knees up. Was it fun?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 18, 2009 12:10     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

photographer credit

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 18, 2009 14:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh finally! A decent promo shot w/ Dan & JY
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 18, 2009 15:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When did Sammy Hagar join the band???
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 18, 2009 22:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool new promo shot of the touring Voivod.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 20, 2009 16:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
When did Sammy Hagar join the band???

I like the Al Gore comparison better.

Damn, that is such a cool photomagraph. LOVE IT!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan