my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod 2009 Tour links (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: Voivod 2009 Tour links
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 28, 2009 19:10     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thread is TEH thread! Thanks for the links tomsawyer & theformerlurkerknownas: Supermachiner (welcome!!)!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 29, 2009 10:12     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gods Of Metal 2009: meet and greet Voivod
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 29, 2009 10:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
He told that he had have a spinal disc herniation with 30, but when the music is fine, headbanging is a must.

Hey Hypercube, are you the same Hypercube from way back when...??? If so, how are you doing man??

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 29, 2009 11:00     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
balingen news clip: http://www.schwarzwaelder-bote.de/wm?catId=12753596&videoId=14009751

Ha ha, this reporter didn't make his homework!
He's telling that there are Bands like "Pink 69"... The Band is called Pink Cream 69 & they're from the same region as this Online-Portal.....
Anyway, did you see me? I was standing in 2nd row at the show
Pics and details will follow thursday or friday.

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted June 29, 2009 11:01     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing (but short) show in Milan.
And nice chat a little with them again at the meet and great to the right side of the stage.
They will go on, it seems. And it's great. Dan have made a great job, full of respect. Also, the final Astronomy Domine was dedicated to the memory of Piggy, with Snake invite to chant his name during the first part of the song.
I have filmed the whole show, but unfortunally I have some BIG problems with the fucking security, who break my balls, throw me water etc, but anyway we have almost everything on video
ASAP i'll upload it on Dimeadozen. I'll let you know
BTW, here's the tracklist:

Voivod
The Unknown Knows
Tribal Convictions
(new song, sorry I can't remember the title right now, I have to check the video...)
Overreaction
Nothingface
Astronomy Domine

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 29, 2009 11:48     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sooo, who will be at the Jonquière show?

I know I will.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 29, 2009 12:10     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

I know I will.

I will too!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 29, 2009 12:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I know I will.

I might not. But I will be at Woodstock, and i'll most definitely be at L'Impérial on the 17th.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 29, 2009 12:57     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might not be either. Who knows.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 29, 2009 17:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I know I will.

Snake, Blacky, Away, & Dan.... but not me

--------------------

yawn

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted July 01, 2009 07:37     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 13-34:
And nice chat a little with them again at the meet and great to the right side of the stage.
They will go on, it seems. And it's great. Dan have made a great job, full of respect. Also, the final Astronomy Domine was dedicated to the memory of Piggy, with Snake invite to chant his name during the first part of the song.
I have filmed the whole show, but unfortunally I have some BIG problems with the fucking security, who break my balls, throw me water etc, but anyway we have almost everything on video

Voivod
The Unknown Knows
Tribal Convictions
(new song, sorry I can't remember the title right now, I have to check the video...)
Overreaction
Nothingface
Astronomy Domine

Oh thanks a lot for the review, and (anticipating) for the video also!
I couldn't make it at the last time, I know I will regret it for the rest of my life. But I hope they will return for a proper European tour with a longer setlist!
It could have been the first time seeing Snake and Blacky...

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted July 01, 2009 08:42     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Voivod
The Unknown Knows
Tribal Convictions
Overreaction
Nothingface
Astronomy Domine

Many thanks for the review, the new song the played was "Global Warning"; what a pity the guitar sound was very low (damn mixer man) under the stage I couldn't hear nothing. In general the show was great and Astronomy Domine was perfect!
Now we are waiting for your video!

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted July 01, 2009 09:51     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(found) Overreaction at Bang Your Head!!!

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 01, 2009 15:35     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool Heino. Thanks

Updated first post with Overreaction from Bang Your Head in Germany

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted July 02, 2009 10:37     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here it is.

Tracklist:

***Stage Setup during Lauren Harris set***
Voivod (cut in)
The Unknown Knows
Global Warning (cut a bit in the middle)
Tribal Convictions
Overreaction
Nothingface
Astronomy Domine
***Meet & Greet during Epica set***

first you have to register at dimeadozen
www.dimeadozen.com

VOIVOD - Gods Of Metal Festival, Brianteo Stadium, Monza, Italy, 27 June 2009 MASTER DVD

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted July 02, 2009 17:40     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Hey Hypercube, are you the same Hypercube from way back when...??? If so, how are you doing man??

No, it's zeroface.

I'm fine, thanks. Biggest things, that happend to me in the last years: my daughter and Brain Drill.

I come to this side very often, but for a long time, I just hadn't something to say, except thank you all for your posts, pictures and links. So let me thank you now at least.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 04, 2009 18:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you so much 13-34!

I cant believe how much of a douchebag that security guy was. He was really trying to throw water on the camera on purpose.

Chewy
VoivodFan
Member # 602

posted July 05, 2009 18:40     Profile for Chewy   Email Chewy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Link doesnt work or I dont know how it works

--------------------

choke cold

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 05, 2009 21:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe 13-34 could provide a smaller, compressed version and put it on Mediafire or something for those who don't have an account on Dime?

Anyhow, here's the short clips I took at Woodstock en Beauce on friday. I'm too lazy to post the pics right now. heh.

crowd shot before voivod

a bit of "Voivod" (drums cam! kinda)

most of "The Prow"

part of "Brainscan"

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted July 06, 2009 07:14     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
here it is.

Tracklist:

***Stage Setup during Lauren Harris set***
Voivod (cut in)
The Unknown Knows
Global Warning (cut a bit in the middle)
Tribal Convictions
Overreaction
Nothingface
Astronomy Domine
***Meet & Greet during Epica set***

first you have to register at dimeadozen
www.dimeadozen.com

VOIVOD - Gods Of Metal Festival, Brianteo Stadium, Monza, Italy, 27 June 2009 MASTER DVD

Thanks a million, you made my day!!!

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted July 06, 2009 17:34     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh, feel free to upload this dvd on voivodfan for everyone need it
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 06, 2009 17:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
oh, feel free to upload this dvd on voivodfan for everyone need it

I actually re-encoded it into a 350mb XviD, which came out great. I'll see what I can do with it later on.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 06, 2009 19:08     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
most of "The Prow"

excellent, very impressed with Dan on the rest of the clips too.

wtf ! you make that recording on a mic from a boombox and a cassette

glad to have it though, thanx...

edit:
actually I have recorded band practice back in the day on mics intergrated into a boombox, they came out sounding better than a $700.00 hd cam you buy today.

Skul you always get right up there in on the action, there has got to be a (post-mix) coming off the boards somewhere.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 06, 2009 19:53     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dig the sound on these vids, they were capped with an old vhs camcorder but one thing it has is a big foam sleeve the size of a tennis ball covering the mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev8NILsPyMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBIVZ 5JuRQU

hard is the wino sound to capture live, it is like a wall of sound pressure/wind you surely feel it vibrate every bone. He is usually in a confined club too which makes it next to impossible...

beat that

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 06, 2009 20:04     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually I put my finger on the cam mic, hence the "woah this sounds like a cassette!". Didnt help the sound much, tho. It's just a small Panasonic Lumix camera for pictures, mostly. Videos sound like ass with it.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan