my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » If Piggy was still alive today.....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Piggy was still alive today.....
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 07, 2009 10:57     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool interview with Snake on Lords Of Metal:

here...

The beginning of ‘Volcano’ reminds me a lot of ‘Ace of Spades’ by Motörhead. Was this intentional, or just a coincidence?
Motörhead is in our blood. It’s not a coincidence.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 09, 2009 04:49     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks AR!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 15, 2009 14:55     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So Paranoland broke up? Not cool...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 16, 2009 15:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm bummed about Paranoland. I just listened to the 3 myspace songs today. I was hoping for a full length album one day. I'm sure there will be more music Snake will be involved with in the future however... including Voivod.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 16, 2009 16:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know...you're right schroeder. How could any of the remaining Voivod members (hehe) NOT continue to create badass art? I was over at voivod.net out of curiosity to see what the buzz was over there, and there's a thread about whether or not Voivod should continue with Dan and still call themselves Voivod.

Anyhoo, there are mixed opinions, but it seemed to point to a yes on continuing with Dan. I'm still not sure about how I see the future of Voivod though I am pysched they are doing this tour in honor of Piggy and his "art". By the way, voivodfan.com is much more my speed, and what is the exact history for this site starting up again? Was it something to do with Yuri?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 17, 2009 09:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The forum admin at Voivod.net (let's call this person Y.) came up with an unexpected strong negative reaction to a certain forum dweller's (WarC.) harmless post, which lead to the birth of Voivodfan.com. Cosmic Drama!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 17, 2009 12:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cosmic Drama...haha and nice quote too!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 17, 2009 15:14     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At first I was also very sceptical about Voivod continueing, but after hearing and seeing all the great vids on here lately, I think they should do what they do best: making great music.

Voivod.njet? Is that an Anti-Voivod site or something?

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

everythorne
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1051

posted June 25, 2009 02:22     Profile for everythorne   Email everythorne     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where is Piggy's 'lazer-gun' guitar? Is it buried with him?

Sorry for my English.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 25, 2009 14:27     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sure am hoping that they will keep going as a band. Not too sure honestly that they should keep the name Voivod. Piggy was the sound of Voivod and without him it will probably sound alot different...

How about they call themselves Piggy Pop?

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted June 25, 2009 17:31     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, Piggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 25, 2009 18:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD continued on without Blacky, continued on without Snake and they sounded extremely different in both situations (especially when they were missing both Snake & Blacky) but it was still Voivod. They will certainly sound different without Piggy's unique creative writing and playing but I'd hate to see them drop the name VOIVOD, because I think it would be more disrespectful to Piggy to end something so great that he had a huge hand in creating.
Bottom line is it's not up to us, and it's just my opinion and it's really how up to how the remaining band members feel about it. Whatever they end up doing I know I'll be listening.

VOIVOD LIVES!!!!

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan