my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Lords of Chaos Movie

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lords of Chaos Movie
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 21, 2009 14:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, this should be entertaining:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID= 120512

And from Metalsucks:
http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/05/21/euronymous-takes-his-revenge-from-the-beyond-casts-woman-as-varg-vikernes-in-black-metal-movie/#more-15292

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 21, 2009 16:14     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, doesn't Varg look like Malcolm from Viz's Modern Parents these days.
(3rd from left)

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 21, 2009 18:15     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha...fuckin' hilarious

Now, I guess I'll have to read the book then.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 23, 2009 07:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a 2004 statement posted on the Burzum.org web site, Vikernes slammed the "Lord Of Chaos" book as "a pool of mud," insisting that "the vast majority of all the statements made in this book are either misinterpretations; taken out of context; misunderstandings; malicious lies made by enemies; a result of ignorance; extreme exaggerations; and/or third-hand information at best. This includes the statements attributed to me!" He went on to say, "This book serves only one single purpose and that is to create a myth around my name and to mystify me. If that was their objective they have indeed succeeded with their work. Well, the book seems to have served one other purpose too. The authors have managed to fill the heads of a generation of metal fans with lies. What could have been a righteous revolt has been made into some pathetic, embarrassing, brain-dead, impotent and traditional poser-culture best exemplified by bands like DIMMU BORGIR — and indeed VENOM!"
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 23, 2009 11:32     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
haha...fuckin' hilarious

Now, I guess I'll have to read the book then.

the book is totally worth reading.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 25, 2009 18:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Absolutely this book is worth reading!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 25, 2009 21:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"..misinterpretations; taken out of context; misunderstandings; malicious lies made by enemies; a result of ignorance; extreme exaggerations; and/or third-hand information at best.. etc"

Good read though.

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 25, 2009 21:16     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought some of it was good, but most of it was incredibly dumb.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 25, 2009 22:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I thought some of it was good, but most of it was incredibly dumb.

Agreed. The first part is nice, with all the stories about the Inner Circle, but the final part, with all the pseudo-nazi propaganda, is utter crap.

The Dirt is a much better read, oooh yeah.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 25, 2009 22:49     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Admittedly it's nowhere near as good a read as this book, but then I'm a bit of a sucker for chick-lit romance novels.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 27, 2009 22:34     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to watch it at the local cinema anyway. With spikes and corpse paint, of course.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 28, 2009 15:01     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya can borrow my pitchfork and rubber scythe.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan