my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 2 new songs up now at BRAVEWORDS.COM (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: 2 new songs up now at BRAVEWORDS.COM
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted May 11, 2009 20:16     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by code:
Who is producing this album btw?

Produced by Voivod and Glen Robinson.
Mixed by Jason Newsted.

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 12, 2009 02:43     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm,

Earthache is in line with the last two albums and sounds good to me, but isn't anything new. Maybe some more listens from my side ;-)

Global Warning rocks :twisted: Damn, what a good song and I'm very curious about thisone in full quality. This sounds really great at the first time. That makes me excited for sure.

VOIVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted May 12, 2009 05:17     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This Blablabla thing is kinda funny. The song reminds me a bit of Flying Cigars as well

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 12, 2009 07:58     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried hard not to listen to the tracks before the album comes out but miserably gave in after just a couple of days. No doubt the songs will sound better on the CD of course and all that, but I like what I hear already! Same kind of vibe that was already cool on Katorz but somehow this sounds even more 'punk' and 'dangerous'...can't explain it properly, can't wait for the album!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted May 12, 2009 09:21     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had the chance to listen to the whole new cd as I had to review it.

It sound really like a continuation of what was done on "Katorz". Both albums make a pair like the famous "load"/"reload" from jasonic's previous band.

It is the first time there is no suprise or evolution between 2 Voivod releases...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 12, 2009 10:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VsGreg:

It is the first time there is no suprise or evolution between 2 Voivod releases...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted May 12, 2009 13:17     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is almost as good as that Loverboy song
"Gangs in the Street."

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 12, 2009 14:26     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I prefer what I've heard of these songs to the last 2 albums, I rarely listen to s/t or Katorz either. I reckon I'll listen to this one, if the rest of the album is this good anyway.

Still going to download it first before I fork out for it though, sorry!

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 12, 2009 14:30     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

No it's not.

--------------------

String em up

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted May 13, 2009 21:51     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, so june 23rd is pretty far,no? I'm completely hooked, been looping them for a while now and i'm really enjoying, especially when Snake gets in the tirade in Global Warning, love that. Can't wait to receive it.

Soon?

Imminent ?

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted May 14, 2009 07:45     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For me, I liked the last two records, (st & Katorz) and am really looking forward to this release. I really hope they do the shows of this material as well.
jdominguez
VoivodFan
Member # 789

posted May 15, 2009 20:01     Profile for jdominguez   Email jdominguez     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like s/t, but didn't like Katorz (too repetitive and similar songs for me), maybe because of Piggy's absence in the studio.

And Katorz -and Infini?- guitar sound too... Harsh? I think those guitar tracks weren't recorded in order to be used in a professional recording.

Maybe I would have prefered Dan Mongrain recording them with better sound.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 15, 2009 20:45     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jdominguez:

Maybe I would have prefered Dan Mongrain recording them with better sound.

I'd rather hear Piggy play them, for what may be the last time.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 16, 2009 00:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Both albums make a pair like the famous "load"/"reload" from jasonic's previous band.

--------------------

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted May 22, 2009 14:49     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like REO Speedwagon or the Bay City Rollers.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan