my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod - Infini - Canada

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod - Infini - Canada
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted April 22, 2009 23:37     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As a longtime member of this forum and an even longer fan of the band I am super excited that the company I work for is releasing the new Voivod album in Canada. I personally have been a huge fan of the band for more than 20 years. As some of you know I put on the first reunion show with Snake in Hamilton at the Sonic Unyon building with Vince Peake on bass.
We (Sonic Unyon) were in negotiations to put out the s/t album in Canada but couldn't agree with Chophouse management so it never happened. When The End stepped out of the picture for the new album we immediately started talking to management to work it out and I am thrilled it is happening.

I firmly believe Voivod has some of the most loyal fans in the world and count myself as one. I think I drive people crazy talking about them. I want Infini to be as successful as possible and want to do everything possible to make sure that people do not miss this final goodbye from our sadly deceased Piggy. So, I would like to ask Canadian fans for help - If you know any press/radio personalities that are fans please let me know. You can email me at work anytime about voivod at sean at sonicunyon dot com. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
I will be doing English PR and we have a French speaking PR person for Quebec too who is also a fan. Please help us spread the word and make sure that we get as much media coverage as possible for this upcoming album (which by the way, is very very good).

Thanks

Sean

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 23, 2009 07:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great story,

i was also a great fan throughout the years but i kinda lost it after Phobos. The anger in the music is gone a littlebit. I hope Infini will have some tunes that really rock hard like on Negatron / Phobos.

just my 2 cents....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 23, 2009 21:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great to read this!!!
Hex, usually if you walk into a staion with a cd and a gun... they'll probably play it. Although what happens to you after that probably won't be to good, but HELL MAN, this is for VOIVOD, it'll be woth the sacrifice... right?

I'd love to see this be their best selling album ever. They've earned it and they certainly are creating a buzz again. So time will tell.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 18, 2009 14:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ehhhh,

has anyone heard the whole album yet?

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 19, 2009 06:07     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Great to read this!!!
Hex, usually if you walk into a staion with a cd and a gun...

shit, use a chainsaw !!!

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted May 19, 2009 09:40     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nuclear Blast sent the album out to people about 3 weeks ago via their iPool promo system. I thought that would mean it would leak right away, but thankfully it has not yet - or at least I have not seen it leak yet.

We (Sonic Unyon) should have CDs back from manufacturing the end of this week. FYI - the Canadian version has completely different CD face artwork than the rest of the world. It features the Fleur De Lys and the Maple Leaf in it along with the Gasmask. Came out kinda cool.

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted May 19, 2009 10:13     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a good question. Let me ask.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 21, 2009 19:23     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my friend Dale is a DJ in Winnipeg and also a fan. his contact info is here:
http://www.umfm.com/jerseyanddole/contact.htm

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted May 22, 2009 17:49     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes, I know who Dale is and I speak to UMFM's music director all the time.
L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted May 23, 2009 01:23     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a real thing to read that they will release new material. They take their time but it could provide a better result than the last album. I gonna buy this album anyway, I' m a huge fan.

Long live to the band.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan