my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Guitar Stores

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guitar Stores
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 13, 2009 07:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the boys at METALINQUISITION......

On the topic of a George Lynch clinic:

GEORGE LYNCH: Video Footage Of GEARHOUNDS Clinic Available
"Did I miss something? Because I thought it was 2009, not 1989, and in 2009, nobody gives a flying fuck about George Lynch. Even back in the day I thought he was a pop tart. I can only imagine what a wretched sausage party one of these "clinics" must be… Guitar stores are maybe a tiny, tiny notch above Pokemon conventions and Magic card games on the scale of things that are full of pudgy, sweaty nerds who won't shut up, and I have to guess that a George Lynch clinic attracts a particularly special breed of mouth-breathing, socially awkward lardass. Do not want!"

This is so true. I love looking at instruments..guitars particularly....but walking into one of these places can be excruciatingly painful.

|  IP: Logged
Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted April 13, 2009 10:21     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ever notice that when you go to one of these guitar stores to check out or buy a guitar, and as you are sitting there playing it, a salesman always comes over & somehow takes the guitar from you only to show off his "soloing skills"? Its so God damn annoying. This has happened to me one too many times and the last time it did I got a little pissed off and told the guy he may as well jerk off infront of me because thats exactly what he was doing on the guitar. Fucking guiatar store employee assholes. These dicklicks have convinced themselves that they are "rock stars", and I dont know which is worse, a guitar store employee or a rock star. Fuckin' pricks.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 13, 2009 11:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha...I love the smell of guitar/music stores

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 13, 2009 17:16     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even though I've spent most of the last 20 years practicing guitar, the second I go inside a guitar shop I forget how to make my fingers do stuff. Even something like twisting a tone control on an amp becomes a clumsy SUDDENLY ITS TOO FUCKING LOUD mistake.

I use ebay instead.

And as it happens, I love George Lynch's last album 'Souls of We'. AND last year I got a George Lynch signature Super V like this:

I'll steer clear of the 'roids and fake tan though.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 14, 2009 14:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and that dog-awful clothing ensemble!

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 14, 2009 16:08     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope I would The Hell wear those trousers too. Come on Luna, you've seen my latest band photos - to me this is A Way of Life.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 14, 2009 17:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha. Okay, yes. The trousers I understand, but that t-shirt is lame and must have come off a hanger at a local Wal-Mart. Wait, what was Brian May wearing again?

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan