my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD - "INFINI"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD - "INFINI"
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 10, 2009 23:07     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Canadian metal legends VOIVOD have set set "Infini" as the title of their final album, due in North America on June 16 via The End Records and Germany on June 12 through Nuclear Blast (the rest of Europe is expected to receive the CD on June 15).

Regarding the album title, VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin said, "There were many titles thrown around, but I thought of 'Infini' and everybody liked it. Also, it looks great in sci-fi fonts."

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. God Phones
02. From The Cave
03. Earthache
04. Global Warning
05. A Room With A View
06. Destroy After Reading
07. Treasure Chase
08. Krap Radio
09. In Orbit
10. Deathproof
11. Pyramidome
12. Morpheus
13. Volcano

Total running time: 57:57

Fucking cool! Can't wait.

|  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted April 11, 2009 00:46     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SWEET!!!! Can't Wait!

Oh...never mind, I have been waiting all this time. Shit.

"A Room With A View?"

Yikes!

Hope it's better than that sappy Death Angel song from Act III

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 11, 2009 07:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmm. can't wait also. I hope it will be available sooner on mp3, first day buyer 100%

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted April 11, 2009 16:49     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
apparently it's "A Room with a V.U."
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 11, 2009 22:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Hope it's better than that sappy Death Angel song from Act II"
BLASPHEMER !!!!!

Interesting titles. Some sound like they're going to be heavy, some sound a bit tongue in cheek, play on words ting. I wasn't expecting it to come out in June so I'm fuckin THRILLED. I'll be preordering this one as soon as the END makes it available.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 11, 2009 22:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Something weird came on the Blabbermouth note:

quote:
The follow-up to 2006's "Katorz" will mark the second album in the band's 20-plus-year career that did not feature founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour working alongside his bandmembers in the studio. "Infini" will also mark the first VOIVOD album to feature Jean-Yves "Blacky" Thériault on bass since 1991's "Angel Rat" and their first release with D'Amour's replacement Dan Mongrain on guitar.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID= 117953

But as we all know, Jason recorded all of the bass tracks. Right?

RIGHT????

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted April 12, 2009 07:53     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, apparently Jason on all tracks. Not sure why.

Also, I thought the news piece on www.bravewords.com listed different labels releasing it than The End in North America...

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted April 12, 2009 08:45     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.bravewords.com/news/111138

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan