my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "INFINI" (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: "INFINI"
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 17, 2009 15:06     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also still waiting, hopefully not too long anymore...

And as far as I know, the NB version is a standard jewelcase.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

|  IP: Logged
Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 17, 2009 18:00     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
And as far as I know, the NB version is a standard jewelcase

Yes, it' jewelcase. Bought myself last friday.

Sean, got any new infos on the canadian version?

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted June 17, 2009 21:06     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe that all of the info on the CD will be up tomorrow. The CD package in Canada is a digipack and there is different artwork on the CD face in Canada that has the Fleur De Lys and Maple Leaf encorporated into the artwork.
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted June 18, 2009 11:27     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Waiting for my NB version to show up mate - I'll let you know.

Anyone seen the rumoured double vinyl for sale anywhere? Can't find it on relapse.

July 21st is when the vinyl will be released. Takes way longer to manufacture vinyl these days...

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted June 18, 2009 15:26     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my CD in the mail today (they were out of large black T-shirts, so it's coming later). Halfway through the first spin as of now, and so far it's pretty fantastic.

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 18, 2009 22:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The last 2 listens really clicked for me. I'm starting to love the album. It covers a lot of different areas that Voivod had delved into over their career. Some of the tracks now remind me of the Nothingface, Dim Hatross days, while other have the Katorz, self titled straight ahead vibe, while some tunes just kick fuckin ass.

--------------------

yawn

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted June 18, 2009 23:22     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"the morgolius the morgolius arrives arrives"

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

lovely

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent ŕ supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 19, 2009 18:56     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
\m/ fuckin A \m/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been spinning a cd the last 4 days as I have learned to take some time scrutinizing the VODs releases (been that way since AR) Infini has alot sweet vibes mixed in there 'in Orbit' comes off kind of doomy, i like it... 'Earthache' has a killer funky Faith No More kinda feel to it at some points. Snake is of the essence and sounding better than ever imo.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 19, 2009 19:07     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
got mine today. sounds better than the last two Jasonic albums, for sure. ill have to fire it up in the car to be certain, tho...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 19, 2009 21:27     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skul holds out !
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted June 20, 2009 16:31     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow...Infini is awesome! So much better than Voivod s/t or Katorz. Jason's way better on the bass, Piggy solos like on Dimension Hatross, Away sounds awesome, and Snake's voice is inching more towards his old metal sounds. I do hope Voivod makes some albums with Dan on guitar after this...
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 20, 2009 16:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"hexini"...nice!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 22, 2009 09:45     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my grey shirt and the nice digi in mail today!!!!
No need to by a Journey-Shirt anymore
That money will get into the canadian version tomorrow!

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 22, 2009 11:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The more I listen to this, the more I'd like to hear more of these tracks live.

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 22, 2009 12:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still waiting for my damn copy to arrive. It's the first time I haven't gone and downloaded a voivod record in advance since the internet began! I'm not impressed with doing it the traditional way... oo-er missis!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 22, 2009 20:12     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine last friday. It needs some more listens to really sink in.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted June 22, 2009 22:26     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah! this album is growing on me faster then the last two( which i still like).
a room with a v.u and Morpheus are the stand outs for me so far but every time i listen I'm just impressed all around. now maybe its just me but I would like to hear everybody Else's opinion about the song Morpheus, to me the lyrics are about piggys last days?and being on morphine. am i reading to much into it or am i close? what do you guys and gals think?

I to also would like them to keep on recording.
I think Dan Mongrain he's a very soild guitar player and a perfect fit!

keep the VOD alive.

cheers all!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 24, 2009 10:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's here....
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 24, 2009 12:30     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice! After first listen, Infini > Katorz > Voivod. Time for a second listen...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 29, 2009 11:26     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got it last week, still need to listen to it more to get an opinion.

Shirt is backordered, though...

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted June 29, 2009 13:24     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my black shirt today! I'm gonna wear it till it falls off...

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 01, 2009 20:15     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am working on homework with the headphones on......and the verdict is...........WOW! The whole disc is killer, killer, killer!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 02, 2009 16:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Do all versions of Infini have the maple leaf and fleur de lys too or is it just the canadian version?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 02, 2009 16:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mine is not that patriotic, Pat, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 02, 2009 18:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're kidding right Skul? Please tell me your cd really looks like that! And send me one.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan