my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "INFINI" (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: "INFINI"
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 11, 2009 20:55     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love it! I've held onto it for 3-4 weeks, and kept mum about it. It did take a while to digest, but Krap Radio and Morpheus especially are my favortite tracks off Infini. I cant wait to have the fully mastered cd to hear it the way it should be heard.
 |  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 11, 2009 22:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK IT!!! I couldn't wait till tomorrow to listen to it and just now finished my first run thru. My first impression is that's a lot of punk edge to it, primarily because of Snake and the lyrics. Very in your face sounding. The cd sounds amazing... Jason and Glen did a superb job at the desk for this one. The last track Volcano stands out upon first listen mostly because of the Motorhead style bass beginning of the song which really grabs ya by the balls and gets your attention. Excellent diversity of songs, Nothing stood out as being a song that shouldn't have been included. Great flow to the album from beginning to end.

Overall feeling after the first play... DAMN GOOD. I'll be spinning this a lot over the next few days until it really sinks in, or my head explodes.

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 11, 2009 23:49     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm lame and probably won't hear this for months.
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted June 12, 2009 06:32     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listened through it two times now. Wow! Some really cool stuff here. My fav songs are "A Room With a v.u" and "Destroy after reading" so far. They have this cool Nothingface vibe! Treasure Chase is a cute little piece as well. Im certain this album will only grow and grow.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 12, 2009 07:15     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just start listening
Is that really Snake's voice on "From The Cave"?
As schroeder wrote above, much punk influenced!!!

"The Return Of Canada's Finest metal Band!"
(that's the strip of the european version)

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted June 12, 2009 10:36     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
Vinyl is available for pre-order from Amazon: US $23.73, Canada CDN$28.99. Availability July 21.
Label is Relapse (Sean, is it gonna be pressed separately in Canada?), European Amazon sites have this page but don't offer a pre-order yet.

The vinyl is scheduled for a July 21st release in Canada. We are not making a different pressing, Sonic Unyon will be selling the Relapse version in Canada. They have alotted us 200 copies.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 12, 2009 10:51     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy crap...if you have yours, I hope mine is slipped into the mailbox today!

Come over hypergrrl and we'll sit on the couch with some beerz and listen to INFINI on the surround sound system! And bring some of the green stuff so I can really trip out...haha...kidding!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 12, 2009 11:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
And bring some of the green stuff so I can really trip out...haha...kidding!

Lettuce?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 12, 2009 14:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You got yours I got mine. Went to the local record store and bought it. They recognized me from all the times i stood there with no new Voivod record. (There was no internet y'knaw)

I listened to it one time and it is way better then Katorz. I guess they put the best shit into the last one. The singing is a little flat imo, to much repetitive lyrics like "God phones" for 45 times. But the bass and the guitars sound good.

Must listen several times to really get it!

I am a happy guy.

Now Waldrock. On my way in exactly 12 hours!!! Weeehaaaaa!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 12, 2009 18:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the main difference from the albums with Jason compared to the classic Voivod is that the lyrics have been simplified. The wording isn't as complex, or technical, and there haven't been any words that needed to be looked up in the dictionary!!!

I'm not saying this is better or worse, I've just been trying to figure out the main difference between the 2 eras of Voivod. Snake's writting style and subject matter has changed which gives these newer songs a very different feel from earlier tunes. To my ears it's more similar to what he was writting with Union Made.

Just my observation.

Global Warning seems more inline with material from Dim Hatross. But with my 3rd spin I'm continually hearing more cool stuff that's going on.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 12, 2009 19:08     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I FUCKING LOVE THIS CD AND CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO IT. FUCK I WANT TO GO TO QUEBEC!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 12, 2009 19:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahah....now is that a troo fan or what!!

I heard 'Deathproof' on their myspace and really really liked that!! Way better than anything on Katorz...I agree with Shro that they've refined this new, more simple direction into something really viable. That song really got my expectations going for this one!!

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted June 13, 2009 13:28     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This album is a fucking monster. Again. WOW !

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted June 14, 2009 04:00     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My mailman was early today. He must have known I was off today, and buzzin' by lunch. What a treat it was to put that disc in. My neighbor had just left for work, so the first run got the royal, wall-shaking treatment. Fucking right.

It's taken a few albums, but Jason is starting to get the idea on bass.

The black tee is badass.

The liner note referring to their "fallen comrade" brought a tear during "Global Warning".

Nuff said. Go listen.

Eddie
VoivodFan
Member # 627

posted June 15, 2009 12:00     Profile for Eddie   Email Eddie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love it. Album is really great, to be brutally honest I expected something worse, regarding all the circumstances But I was SOOO wrong.

Strangely for me, it`s most comparable to The Outer Limits. I don`t why exactly, but it somehow reminds me to those days.
Favorite tracks:

Destroy After Reading
A Room With a V.U.
Deathproof
Pyramidome

Kicks Ass! Thanks again guys

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 15, 2009 14:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love INFINI...it sounds so fuckin' killer in my car...haha! It's nice to have the windows rolled up, driving down the highway with the volume cranked up and hearing this cd chug along. It does rock!

Cheers Voivod and Cheers PIGGY!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted June 16, 2009 04:57     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HELL YEAH!!
Loves Infini also, great work!!!i hope it is not the last album!!

VOIVOD forever you guys rule the World!
and Piggy will always be in my Heart!!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 16, 2009 06:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ordered mine today - late starter I know. I should be ashamed! Just been super skint until today! Can't wait.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 16, 2009 12:13     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A nice package in le mail today. Cd + a black Infini t-shirt
Will give it a first listen now...

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted June 16, 2009 18:42     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great album. I noticed in the liner notes that Newsted created all the sonic interludes -very Piggy like- especially the theremin at the start of a Room with a V.U.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 16, 2009 19:40     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been checking my mailbox 4 to 5 times every day this week. Still hasn't arrived. I hope it's there tomorrow so when I get home from work I can slap it on and get into it.
Radman
VoivodFan
Member # 375

posted June 16, 2009 23:31     Profile for Radman   Email Radman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey all,I guess I haven't posted on here in ages,but I just got Infini and the grey shirt in the mail tongiht from Relapse and all I can say is fuck yeah!I'm loving this cd."From the Cave" is the first standout for me after the first spin.Once again,the boys come through with the goods...cheers.

--------------------

Hate your enemies
Save your friends
Find your place
Speak the truth

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 17, 2009 02:14     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Had mine, with the wrong color tee.., in the mailbox yesterday.

Knew it allready from the demo, but still think it's a great album and sounds like old Voivod meets new(14/St) Voivod. Nice raw and spacy sound. 100% Voivod

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted June 17, 2009 12:11     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone know, is the NB version a standard jewel case and not a digipack?

The collector nerd in me needs to know!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 17, 2009 13:43     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Waiting for my NB version to show up mate - I'll let you know.

Anyone seen the rumoured double vinyl for sale anywhere? Can't find it on relapse.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan