my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Shows 2009 (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Voivod Shows 2009
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 01, 2009 13:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, bummer...sorry to those planning on being there. And glad to hear no one was struck by lightening, but to be in GREECE? How fuckin' awesome...perhaps the Greek Gods were sending you a message.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 03, 2009 13:19     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm afraid it's gonna rain tomorrow for the Jonquière gig... Send us some mojo over here!
voivodian
VoivodFan
Member # 1038

posted July 04, 2009 07:44     Profile for voivodian   Email voivodian     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AT LAST!

Voivod ship expected to land on Barcelona on the 26th July... already got the tickets...no way I'm going to lose it this time!!! Anybody knows why ticketmaster is charging 2,5 euros on distribution fees? My ticket was printed out right in front of me... tickets are available on fnac.. nobody advertises it... shame. See you there!... aw...they play with a group of newcommers... SEPULTURA... God, I'm really going to enjoy the show..

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 05, 2009 06:47     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jonquière gig last night!

Wow, I'm still psyched. It rained, I was wet, cold and happy! Most people didn't care. I got out of the house so quick that I forgot to put my coat on. Fortunately, I had an umbrella in my minivan. That's so metal.

The guys were amazing, and it seemed very special for them to be back in their hometown, just kicking ass. Snake made a special hello to their moms in the VIP section, and was pretty funny for all the show. Dan (Mongo?) pretty much nailed to perfection all the Piggy parts, which didn't stop him from rocking like crazy! Away sounded like a nuclear war, even with The Smallest Drumkit Known To The Universe! And Blacky was his badass self, throwing (or spitting) water to the crowd, flipping the bird, and killing that Blower Bass like a maniac. I was SO happy to hear the Blower Bass; it went pretty well with the two Infini songs they did (which went well in the setlist of oldies).

Thumbs up to the Mop Guy, too! He was there to dry up the stage, and got mocked up a bit by Snake...

Anyway, setlist, from memory, and in (mostly) incorrect order:

Voivod
Unknown Knows
The Prow
Ravenous Medicine
Overreaction
Treasure Chase
Global Warning
Panorama (with a nod to Jean-Marc E. Roy, who was filming from the stage)
Tribal Convictions
Tornado
Brainscan
Nothingface
Nuclear War
Astronomy Domine (encore)

I may have forgotten one or two...

EDIT: I forgot to say it was Dan's birthday! Snake got the crowd to sing happy birthday!

So Happy birthday, Dan, if you read this!

Also, Snake sang "I'm a poor lonesome cowboy" when a cowboy hat almost landed on his head. He picked it up from the floor and sang it.

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted July 05, 2009 08:36     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sound like I should have made the trip à Jonquière, merde!
The rain me dérange pas.

Anyway, I hope to meet some of you guys in Quebec for VV and Les Ekorches!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted July 05, 2009 08:41     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Death Dealer played or what?
If not, it was surely because of Michel Meese...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 05, 2009 11:32     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, see y'all on the 17th!

I'm gonna post my pics from Woodstock later on.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 05, 2009 11:49     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mc Gregor:
Death Dealer played or what?
If not, it was surely because of Michel Meese...

Yep they did.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 05, 2009 16:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they tried to jump voivod backstage !!! ;-)

i think my favourite part was seeing blacky, away, snake & piggy's mom all hanging out at soundcheck.

i'll post photos later.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 05, 2009 21:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TREASURE CHASE!!!! great choice from the the new album... i love that tune... although I'd probably say that about any of the songs from INFINI

--------------------

yawn

L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted July 05, 2009 23:47     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jonquiere show yesterday

What a gig the band played last night . I took my DV cam and were prepared to capture all the performance of this event. Fuck and shit!
Right after The Unknown Knows I was obliged to close my camera. The rain fell so hard that all my clothes became wet on me and cold but the sound hit my hears and it made my head and my body to continue to balance at the sound of Overreaction or Brainscan and many others. The crowd stay on place and the show goes on under big shot of water. I hope so they'll play again here another time. Great show from the guys of Voivod!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 06, 2009 10:09     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
they tried to jump voivod backstage !!! ;-)

i think my favourite part was seeing blacky, away, snake & piggy's mom all hanging out at soundcheck.

i'll post photos later.

Saw you grooving at the side of the stage! I didn't feel like waiting in line to say hello, though. Most have been enough people already back there...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 06, 2009 18:30     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Saw you grooving at the side of the stage!

i was super soaked by the end of the show but it was worth it!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 06, 2009 19:41     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are those the birthday party antics at the tail end there? Nice pics nia and nice vids Skul!

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 06, 2009 19:51     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it was danomanonano's birthday.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 06, 2009 21:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A bunch of random shots from Woodstock.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 06, 2009 21:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 06, 2009 22:30     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome! Can't wait to get my own pics to share when they come to the States.....hint, hint
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 06, 2009 23:43     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

More from Woodstock by Francis Gagnon

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 07, 2009 06:18     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pics Nia and Skul

ps: now we know that Dan his hair is from a spraycan..

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 07, 2009 11:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:

ps: now we know that Dan his hair is from a spraycan..

haha

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 08, 2009 11:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pics, skul!

I wish I hadn't forgot my camera for the Jonquière gig, but I got out of the house so quickly that I left it there. On second thought, I'm glad I didn't because of the rain. I was soaking wet by the end of the show.

Wet and happy!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted July 08, 2009 12:25     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi was in Jonquière too!
What a blast!

They manage to keep to crowd going under pooring rain!

The band got lots of fun on stage.
You can feel that they made many shows and are on the top of their game.
Blacky is still aging backward!

I saw that Speed Demon was part of the road crew!

Here's a pics that Kru took.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 08, 2009 16:24     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
Hi was in Jonquière too!
What a blast!

They manage to keep to crowd going under pooring rain!

The band got lots of fun on stage.
You can feel that they made many shows and are on the top of their game.
Blacky is still aging backward!

I saw that Speed Demon was part of the road crew!

Cool! It was great watching Blacky being so snotty, he looked like a kid! Snake was pretty funny too.

L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted July 12, 2009 23:59     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For all the Voïvoidians, I added first the first part of Jonquiere gig on Youtube. After the Unknow Knows it became impossible to capture more sequence of this show with the rain that fell so hard. You can see a lot of umbrellas appear everywhere at the end...

But exept the rain, this show was awesome

Watch this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2v7zH9vqV0

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan