my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anyone get any new Cassette tapes recently?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone get any new Cassette tapes recently?
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted February 26, 2009 02:36     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scored "Gates to Purgatory" by Running Wild for $4.85 on Ebay this week!

fuck yeah.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 26, 2009 07:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha.........that rules man! Best thread I've seen on here in months........
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 26, 2009 10:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been into 8 Tracks lately...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAvVAwWv0QM

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted February 26, 2009 13:49     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I've been into 8 Tracks lately... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAvVAwWv0QM

Ouch, how do you describe this?
Full Mono Surround Sound System?

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 26, 2009 19:12     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Umm...I think it was 1993 when I last bought a tape Excellent topic, still!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 26, 2009 20:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

This is my weapon of choice. About 35 yrs old and still operative. I quit using cassette tapes however.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 27, 2009 18:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got a box of old heavy metal tapes if you're interested. Just no room to display them anymore and no reason to play them. Although I did go thru them a few months ago and listen to a few, since for some reason my 2004 Tiburon has a tape deck (along with cd and a 6 cd changer in the trunk)
I transferred a bunch of demo tapes to cdr years ago, and most of the better tapes I have on cd.

--------------------

yawn

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted February 28, 2009 01:52     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JUST HAVING FUN WITH Y'ALL!! (WHO ELSE, RIGHT?)
'
Face it, tapes were great cause if you were too stoned while driving "back in the day" and dropped one while trying to switch out you would just grab another and hope it had the kinda guitar distoriton you were SO sure you needed to hear at that time.

Nonetheless, I was a bit suprised to see how much money certain metal cassettes were being bought for on EBAY the last few weeks. It seems there is minimal love lost for those "ancient plastic friends of ours" that's for sure. (of course, it helps if your band is called Voivod, Exodus, Venom, or Possessed as oppossed to Hurricane, Armored Saint, or Lizzy Borden)

Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted March 03, 2009 12:32     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I havent bought any in a long time but I was going through one of my old boxes the other day and came across quite a lot of cassettes. Here are some, Seven Churches, Apocalyptic Raids, Morbid Tales, Diary of A Madman, The Mob Rules, Angel Witch, so on and so forth...and my favourite find, War & Pain. Now I just need to get a cassette player again.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 04, 2009 10:27     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny, I recently scored Sleep's "Holy Mountain" on tape!

Say what you want, I still love cassettes...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 04, 2009 10:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, I bought War and Pain on tape just 15 years after I ditched my tape-player...

I don't know why I did that. It was a bargain, 4E

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted August 02, 2012 05:10     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know this thread was in the VVF-Forum, so it's time to bump it up

Bought this new advance demo earlier this day.

Complete Link

A interesting point: the Album (which will be released in October 2012) was mastered by Dan Swanö.

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted August 08, 2012 09:29     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

Say what you want, I still love cassettes...

So do I! A few faves from my collection:

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted August 29, 2012 16:38     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last week I got The Outer Limits on cassette for $2.99, along with Black Sabbath - Headless Cross and the first Budgie album. All were new!
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted August 29, 2012 19:01     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's been a resurgence in cassettes for demos lately, since it's the "old-school" format, particularly for black metal and noise artists - And, no shit, check this out - A buddy of mine had a cassette run turned down by the manufacturer because they were "too busy" with a new job for a major label. WTF? Now they're cranking out 15k a day.

All the best,
PAULIE

PS I feel like I *just* posted this recently, deja vu or repost?

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 29, 2012 20:05     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was cleaning the garage last week and found these stuffed behind an old radio...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 30, 2012 01:23     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cassettes last a lot longer than they say, I have some that are 30 yrs old and still sound the same.

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted August 30, 2012 10:41     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great collection! I think there's maybe three things in that box that I *don't* have - One's that Voivod/Dessau thing, what is that?? Another is that Ministry cassette because fake metal sucks. lol

You should dust off that Snake Nation cassette and crank it! Three songs on there that aren't on the LP, and it's never been released on CD ever, great (albeit badly mixed) stuff, the Blue Cheer cover kills.

Factually speaking, cassettes have the least-favorable signal-to-noise ratio of any format, but there's still something very conforting about the familiarity of them for those of us who grew up on them.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 30, 2012 18:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D, That photo is proff that you've been a cool mutha for a long long time
I still have a box of cassettes in the attic I just can't bring myself to throw away. Every now and then I pull some out and play them even though I probably have them on cd.

--------------------

yawn

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted August 31, 2012 01:32     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Was cleaning the garage last week

...at my parents' house?!
Suddenly I wish I had more of my old cassettes with me here. "VENON" -- classic.

And the Ministry - ha! Talk about a novelty hit back in the day...
Bing bing bang a bang a bang bing bong bing a bing bang a bong
Binga bing a bang a bong bong bing bong bing banga bong
(repeat...endlessly...)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 31, 2012 02:21     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was moving stuff around in my office/studio and had to snap a pic of my remaining tapes for this thread!

Some of the French-Canadian folks here will notice one tape that is EXTREMELY cheesy tucked in amongst the rest.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 31, 2012 06:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heej whats that Monty Python tape ??

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 31, 2012 19:57     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Heej whats that Monty Python tape ??

Live at Drury Lane. Fantastic album. Best version of The Parrot Sketch ever!

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted September 03, 2012 17:47     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought a new cassette last night by THE ATLAS in Toronto. First side is all covers and B side is an older demo of theirs on cassette. Great psychedelic metal band from Chicago

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan