my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Biggest Music Trainwrecks '09

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Biggest Music Trainwrecks '09
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 20, 2009 12:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My pick is this: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114770

The tipoff is one of the dumbest fucking bandnames ever created...........

Anybody else see anything ugly coming on the horizon????

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 20, 2009 13:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the hell?!?!

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK: http://www.chickenfoot.us/

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 20, 2009 14:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
What the hell?!?!

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK: http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Lucky that I didn't do it.....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted February 20, 2009 15:06     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.limpbizkit.com/

I thought we were rid of these fucktards.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 20, 2009 17:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gotta say I'm excited about Chickenfoot. 4 musicians I totally respect and are talented as hell. I've always liked Sammy's vocals. Sometimes his lyrics can be cheesey, but when he's on, he rocks. Hell, Chad on drums, Satch on axe, Anthony on bass... I see nothing bad about this band at all... except for the goofy name.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 20, 2009 22:58     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Chad on drums,

Damn, I was hoping you meant Chad Wackerman.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted February 21, 2009 03:04     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am an American white boy age 35, going on 15 again, except with more contraceptives. Otherwise, my musical tastes are as awesome as ever. (thank you, Porcupine Tree, Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, Secret Machines, Firebird, and other modern shit.)

BUT, FUCK COLDPLAY, LIMP JIZZCLIT, AMERICAN IDOL, BILLY IDOL, PAT BOONE, JACK JOHNSON, JONAS BROTHERS, DISNEY (IN GENERAL), DIGITAL TV, BASEBALL, BOTH VERSIONS OF GORGOROTH, L.A. GUNS, AND WHATEVER MICHAEL MCDONALD IS CURRENTLY UP TO.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 21, 2009 15:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:

BUT, FUCK COLDPLAY, LIMP JIZZCLIT, AMERICAN IDOL, BILLY IDOL, PAT BOONE, JACK JOHNSON, JONAS BROTHERS, DISNEY (IN GENERAL), DIGITAL TV, BASEBALL, BOTH VERSIONS OF GORGOROTH, L.A. GUNS, AND WHATEVER MICHAEL MCDONALD IS CURRENTLY UP TO.

Tell us how you really feel...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 22, 2009 07:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114855

They were terrible 20 years ago and for some reason they decided it was now time to reform and bring their sub-par thrash back to us.....

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 23, 2009 02:18     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
I am an American white boy age 35, going on 15 again, except with more contraceptives. Otherwise, my musical tastes are as awesome as ever. (thank you, Porcupine Tree, Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, Secret Machines, Firebird, and other modern shit.)

Personally, I'd put Mars Crappa right in there with all that other shit.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 23, 2009 10:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wasn't specific enough. I didn't mean to turn this into what Mind Running Slow posted. Yeah, obviously the mainstream is filled with crap. I guess I was talking about bands forming or reforming in 09 that are questionable.

Here's another example: Carcass writing a new album.....good idea or bad? I would argue toward the latter........

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted February 25, 2009 12:41     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just heard that Faith No More is together again. They haven't announced an official line-up yet (maening, they haven't stated who the guitar player will be yet), but I have to admit, I'm excited. I'll admit it.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 25, 2009 14:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
I just heard that Faith No More is together again. They haven't announced an official line-up yet (maening, they haven't stated who the guitar player will be yet), but I have to admit, I'm excited. I'll admit it.

I read that news, it's the later line-up, without Jim Martin.

They are touring Europe.

(btw, where's that "Fun with Blabbermouth" thread go?)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 25, 2009 16:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:

I think I just wet my pants
WOW!!!! That would be great news. Album of the Year, and King For A Day are fuckin brilliant. As good as Martin was (is) I'm not sure FnM could have created these last 2 albums with him... I think it would have sounded a lot different.

Is there word about a new album or is it just for making money as a reunion band?

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 26, 2009 19:07     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FNM are back? With all the original guys except the ever-changing geetarist? Eh...got to change my undies. Hope they're back for real, not just a short tour or something....

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 27, 2009 18:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got a message on Facebook yesterday from them about their reasons for now getting back together. I am so fuckin psyched for this.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 28, 2009 03:34     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the last FNM albums were the best ones! saw both of those tours and they were amazing--- bring it on!

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan