my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » EOLB Tour (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: EOLB Tour
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 26, 2009 06:17     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do it Mr M!
Can't say if EOLB will get our arses over to the US anytime soon. It would take some hefty financial wizardry! If the opportunity arises though, you'll be the first to know.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 26, 2009 10:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
hefty financial wizardry

I like the sound of that. I mean really. How often does one have a chance to use the word, "wizardry"?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 15, 2009 17:08     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I managed to catch my 5th EOLB show in 7(?) years and it was by far the best I've ever seen them - total confidence, relaxed, intense, and thats on the first night of their tour.

Main reason is the new drummer. He's got a bit of a Neil Pearts berzerk twin vibe going on - intense, clear, cold almost. Very minimalist which is the opposite to the rocker drummer who was on the last EOLB album. For EOLB it feels (at least for this long time fan) like the final piece of the puzzle and I cant wait for the new album to hear how his input affects things.

Special mention goes to Roland the lead guitarist, who's made that spot his own. He was great two years ago, but now theres something extra.

Harry was his usual consumate frontman self and I'm not going to describe how awesome Nell is as a bassist/performer because that'd just plain embarrass her.

Superb night, really glad I went.

oh, and the headliners are just indescribable so I wont bother. They just shifted the goalposts a little, much like Lightning Bolt did when I first heard them.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 15, 2009 19:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN GREAT REVIEW!!! Wish i coulda witnessed it myself ( i am on the guest list!!!)
Now I'm really stoked for the new album to come out. How about a 5.1 live dvd for all of us loosers on this side of the pond... PLEEEEZE?

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 16, 2009 09:02     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed - even if its a semi-bootleg 3 HD camera thing with a basic soundboard mix, such a DVD would be an item of rightous aquisition.

Make sure to get a few shots of the drummers face though - he's a really nice, gentle guy off stage but when he's playing you'd think he'd finally caught up with The Man Who Killed His Pa.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan