my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod virus affects yet another band

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod virus affects yet another band
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 04, 2009 20:00     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(from http://www.myspace.com/believerband):

"Gabriel available everywhere March 17th 2009

After a long hiatus, Believer is back with an intense fury and the band’s new record, Gabriel, once again sees Believer conquering new musical and artistic territory. With an upgraded sound and songwriting that has been alluded to as a “sick, insane cross between Tool, Voivod, NIN, and Destruction”, Believer’s 4th release Gabriel shows a band simply not focused on regurgitating and reliving their past. To this end, Bachman and Daub have surrounded themselves with new creative blood in keyboardist/programmer Jeff King, guitarist Kevin Leaman and bassist/programmer Elton Nestler. Securing a new home with legendary Metal Blade Records, Believer is determined to win over fans of old and new with their brand of ‘Believer-esque’ metal."

I still listen to "Dimensions" every now and then...hope this one lives up to the hype.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 04, 2009 20:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds pretty good...

love the opening on future mind and the lyrics, although the 'core-type' vox may need a little distinction.

it'll be a cold day in hell when something better than "Dimension Hatross" comes along.

imo...

thanks vain \m/

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 05, 2009 06:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes lots of Destruction! Sounds good but I hate these long intro's

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 05, 2009 17:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=273375
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 05, 2009 18:38     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, nice cover art, I can't believe none of this is photoshopped. Awesome.
http://www.myspace.com/michael_rosner

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 05, 2009 21:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK!!!! That is incredibly beautiful.
I've never heard of Believer, which is weird considering they're from Pennsylvania, and I've been a metal head for ... lets just say a damn long time.

Rosner's art is spectacular and his name sounds so familiar... am I correct in assuming he's worked with Adam from TOOL on some of their videos?

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 06, 2009 04:28     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a song off the new record available…it's called ”Medwton”. Of all people, Bam Margera played it on his radio show. I extracted it for easier access. Sound quality is not the best of course but good enough:

CLICK HERE

Here’s the whole Bam show (~36MB)…he and the singers from CKY and HIM (surprisingly enough) talk about the band around 25 minutes into the show:

CLICK HERE

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 06, 2009 11:56     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
sounds pretty good...

love the opening on future mind and the lyrics, although the 'core-type' vox may need a little distinction.

it'll be a cold day in hell when something better than "Dimension Hatross" comes along.

imo...

Imo too Hatross. No need to say much more when you said it for me

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan