my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD, AURA NOIR, PORTRAIT Confirmed For Norway's HOLE IN THE SKY Festival

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD, AURA NOIR, PORTRAIT Confirmed For Norway's HOLE IN THE SKY Festival
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 04, 2009 06:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD, AURA NOIR, PORTRAIT Confirmed For Norway's HOLE IN THE SKY Festival - Feb. 4, 2009

VOIVOD, AURA NOIR and PORTRAIT are the first three confirmed bands for the Hole in the Sky festival (a.k.a. Bergen Metal Fest X), set to take place August 26-29, 2009 in Bergen, Norway.

Commented the festival organizers: "VOIVOD is coming to Bergen, how great is that? VOIVOD, the inventors of disharmonious psychedelic trash metal, have been an immense influence on the modern metal scene. The impact of their scary and catchy soundscapes on Norwegian extreme metal is often underrated in my eyes. Listen to 'Virus', listen to 'De Mysteriis...', to any era ENSLAVED or whatever — VOIVOD's there, lurking and rule-breaking."

AURA NOIR's Apollyon said in a statement: "AURA NOIR's third performance at the Hole In The Sky will be a very special one, both for the band and the audience. Aggressor will be ringside for the first time in his life, whilst Jehmod (BLOODTHORN) is filing in on drums. This will also be the second time we're playing with VOIVOD. Last time we were an annoying local support in Oslo, 1997. But the band still found it worthwhile to watch our set. AURA NOIR are huge fans of VOIVOD, there's extremely little doubt about that. I'm counting on Hole In The Sky presenting another year with a knock-out program, crushing most other indoor festivals out there. Wir freuen uns!"

For more information, visit www.holeinthesky.no.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 04, 2009 19:52     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha...okay, so far, in the 25+ years Voivod have been touring the world, they've been to Sweden and maybe Denmark a couple of times, right? And in 2009 they've got at least three gigs in Scandinavia

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 05, 2009 21:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
still no dates for Delaware ? ! ? ! ?

I'll have to create Schroderfest and have them headline. It'll be in my garage. They can play as long as they want or just hang out watch movies and shoot the shit with me. I promise it'll be fun. The pay will suck, but they can treat it like a vacation. Besides, who doesn't want to come to Delaware?

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 06, 2009 03:00     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm,

maybe we can drive to the Summer Breeze festival in Germany Paul? I would love to see Voivod again.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan