my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Rest in Peace Billy Powell

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rest in Peace Billy Powell
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 31, 2009 17:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how many Skynyrd fans there are here, but I would like to pay some cyberhomage to a very good 'keyboardist' the world has lost on 1/28. Billy was one of the only reasons I would ever attempt to see a Skynyrd show again (never saw the original version, TRUE version, was 3 years old when the plane crashed)...But was fortunate enough to see them CO-HEADLINE with ZZ TOP on new years eve, 1999 (yep, everything was supposed to blow up. The only thing that blew up was my lungs HAHA). Pot rules

Anyways, once again I would just like to mention Billy Powell here, whether you like Lynyrd Skynyrd or not, he was a true musician at it's finest.

Fly on FreeBird

(1952-2009)

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 01, 2009 15:11     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am sad to hear this news.

He was very under-rated for sure.
I appreciate his style.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 08, 2009 15:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still hurtin here man.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan