my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » my punk band has sold out.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my punk band has sold out.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 26, 2009 13:48     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, not yet. today we started selling a 7" record we made. sorry if this seems spam-like, but if anybody is interested go to www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock for more info on how to buy it. its only $5 PPD, so its not too bad of a deal. heres what you get:

we had the wonderful Ryan August do the cover and insert art for us. more of his stuff is here: http://www.gigposters.com/designer/2129_Ryan_August.html

and we were also lucky enough to have Stephen Egerton from ALL/ Descendents/ Massacre Guys play a solo on one of our tunes ("I Hate the Jocks").

if you are unfamiliar with the band concept, its basically parody punk all done by myself and some buddies from the internet.

anyways, sorry if this thread seems out of place. i or another mod will surely move it if so...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 26, 2009 21:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why would this be out of place? it's music... better than that, it's YOUR music and it's not like you just signed on to VVF to try and promote it.
Awesome packaging.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 26, 2009 21:36     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks, man. we designed, produced (except for the actual vinyl stuff) and packaged all that ourselves. we're pretty proud of that part, anyways, haha.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 26, 2009 22:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think it rules!!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 26, 2009 22:42     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
i think it rules!!

buy one for your mom. or boyfriend!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 26, 2009 23:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want a copy. I will be in contact.
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted January 27, 2009 00:50     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aye!! I'm in for one as well. I shall be in touch!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 27, 2009 06:09     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You won't find me bitching about VVF's posting their band stuff on here. God knows I've milked this forum for my own needs plenty!!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 27, 2009 06:21     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
You won't find me bitching about VVF's posting their band stuff on here. God knows I've milked this forum for my own needs plenty!!

ha! but you play in an actually awesome band, my friend.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 27, 2009 08:57     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:

buy one for your mom. or boyfriend!

i will! my mom loves this kind of stuff!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 27, 2009 10:30     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna order one too
Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 27, 2009 21:04     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for all the love, folks.

a little exposure here: http://pastepunk.com/news.php#10696

more to come!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 28, 2009 12:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lot of you guys don't know this but before Masters of Punk Rock Cthon started out in a killer group called Vomit Gun. This video features them on the legendary Phil Katt show 'The Unchartered Zone'. Cthon's real life name is Beav..so check out Beav in this awesome interview and performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQhuFVm49-k

So if you want to understand the MOPR you have to start with Vomit Gun.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 28, 2009 15:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha! Cool hair.
Ya damn sellout rockstars you.

--------------------

String em up

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 28, 2009 20:02     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
amazing, Mez!

--------------------

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted February 02, 2009 06:39     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that look awesome, i'll buy a copie for sure...for my better half.

remember who is the sucker here...that's me in the corner always asking for paypal donation to pay for the server hosting!!!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 03, 2009 10:52     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
more press/ plugs:
http://www.iwantyourskull.com/

scroll down a hair...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 03, 2009 17:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"... colored wax is for posers"
LMAO

guess what I am, then.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 03, 2009 23:36     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy crap! The Amebix are still around?
Why wasn't I told?

Hey dude, I'll be ordering one of those babies as well.
One day soon, I'll finally have a turntable again.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 04, 2009 01:31     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
"... colored wax is for posers"
LMAO

guess what I am, then.

my drummer did that blurb (and probably owns as much colored vinyl as you, haha). i think he was still mad about the pressing plant being out of non-black stuff.

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 04, 2009 01:33     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Holy crap! The Amebix are still around?
Why wasn't I told?

Hey dude, I'll be ordering one of those babies as well.

your support is appreciated, sir. if you or anyone else is leery about the myspace/ paypal thing, we got this site to distro for us, too: http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=10870&

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 05, 2009 15:02     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:

I got this baby for Chrismas:

Ion USB turntable

Cheap, practical, fun.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 05, 2009 21:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been wondering how the sound producing qualty is on those USB turntables. I have my entire stereo (turntable - tape deck - dvd/cd player - receiver) jacked into my PC so I don't need one, but just out of curiosty I wanted to know how well those reproduce the audio from vinyl compared to say an old school ceramic Technics table with a quality cartridge and needle.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 08, 2009 01:25     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
I got this baby for Chrismas:

Ion USB turntable

Cheap, practical, fun.

i think that same turntable is sitting in an Amazon box in the bedroom closet right now (my b-day is next weekend, haha).

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 08, 2009 15:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want summa this action

DIY fuckin rules

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan