my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Sepultura - New album A-LEX 01/2009

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sepultura - New album A-LEX 01/2009
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 19, 2008 09:19     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two new songs to listen to on the band's Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/sepultura

Spread the word!

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 19, 2008 10:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmmmm I thought you had it there for a download.....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 19, 2008 15:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I heard the whole album. It's more of the same actually, fans of later-era Sepultura will rejoice, the rest of the bunch will still hope for Max to return...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 27, 2009 16:34     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New album out today in Canada! Full streaming here:

The Treatment is my favorite so far...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 28, 2009 11:25     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With all respect to whoever is a fan of post-Max Sepultura, imo they just keep releasing album after album of sub-par material.

I think Andreas should just swallow his pride and accept that what made Sepultura great was a sum of four parts, two of which are missing.

Just my two cents tho, people should just access the link provided by Ynys and see for themselves.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

gothmog665
VoivodFan
Member # 439

posted February 06, 2009 14:14     Profile for gothmog665   Email gothmog665     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Ludwig Van" was the best track here.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 06, 2009 20:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking great artwork.

Ah, Schizophrenia to Arise era for me. Jaw droppingly technical riffs, perfect solos, intelligent leftfield lyrics, classy synth bits.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 07, 2009 20:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the cover reminds me a bit of Death Angel's Killing Season.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 09, 2009 19:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I noticed that too, more than a little resemblance.

--------------------

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted February 13, 2009 14:06     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is a song with a very Voivodish feel to it, almost like Kisser is intentionnaly trying to pay a small tribute to the band by using the famous Piggy-chords. The song Sadistic Values has a definite Negatron-feel to it. Listen starting at 3:14, and then at 3:54 BOOM it hits you right there. Very interesting. Keep listening until the end and you'll hear alot more Voivodish influence in that song...

Anyone hears it too?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan