my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Sepultura Canceled Why Again?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sepultura Canceled Why Again?
Trish
VoivodFan
Member # 364

posted December 17, 2008 21:44     Profile for Trish   Email Trish     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A few years ago in Norfolf,Virginia Sepultura canceled causing friends and I to miss VOIVOD,anyone out there hear anything as to why they canceled?
 |  IP: Logged
winoguy
VoivodFan
Member # 748

posted December 19, 2008 18:38     Profile for winoguy   Email winoguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's this, Voivod are touring with Sepultura?

--------------------

11-7-88 w/ Violence
5-15-03 w/ Sepultura
6-22-08 w/ Anthrax

Interested in CDR trades. Have over 3100 titles in thrash, doom, death, grind, hardcore, NWOBHM, 70's, power etc. I sell on ebay under vladdrac666
http://www.myspace.com/doommetalpatches

Trish
VoivodFan
Member # 364

posted December 23, 2008 01:08     Profile for Trish   Email Trish     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Winoguy, Im trying to find out if anybody knows why Sepultura canceled there show in Norfolk Virginia. I went with "Hatross" a few years ago and the show turned out to be "canceled" WHY?

--------------------

Only silence follows Voivod,'cause nobody eles can.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 23, 2008 07:32     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey there Trish...

Im sure the show was cancelled because of ticket sales.

Not being racist or anything but Norfolk has to be the blackest town in Virginia lol, they would have done much better playing in D.C. or Baltimore but who woulda known ? just trying to play in an area where the population is like 80% African American and the other 20% are converts to rap music was not a good call on the promoters end. And come to think of it promoters/organizers should take hints from the fanbase on what clubs/venue's to play.

Trish
VoivodFan
Member # 364

posted December 23, 2008 21:20     Profile for Trish   Email Trish     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Hatross. Hmmm what a shame. I was invited to go w/my friend to VA.Beach for Metallica and Limp Bizcit or Linkin Park and turning it down for Voivod. The shows were nearby and within days of one another(remember we stopped by his hotel on the way home)so I imagine that had something to do with the ticket sales. Damn! True Voivod fans are loyale beyond belief. That theater we pulled up to in Norfolk prolly had 200 seats or so max...Id a bought all the tickets, lets see $25.00(tic) X 200(seat)=$5000. Yep, I could of done that,and wouldnt of thought twice about it. For Voivod of course.Screw Sepultura. DC's newer 930 Club or even The Black Cat would of been cool, or Baltimore's Ottobar even. You know, when it comes to VOIVOD the skys the limit.Thanks again, and Merry Christmas.
doomstead
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 325

posted December 24, 2008 16:54     Profile for doomstead   Email doomstead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Trish, I agree with you and i would have gone in with you on halves on the ticket costs, without thinking twice about it.

--------------------

For God,your soul.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 24, 2008 18:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NOW THAT'S A FAN!!!
Promote her from her "junior" status immediatly!!!

If Sepultura was going to play in VA they should have booked JAXX as the place to play. You're right about the promotors Hatross, they certainly need to check demographics, and fan sites before booking clubs.

It's a crime they had to cancell and even worse that the fans had to miss out on seeing them.

--------------------

yawn

Trish
VoivodFan
Member # 364

posted December 24, 2008 22:35     Profile for Trish   Email Trish     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Tony. I still have my ticket stub for Voivod at Jaxx Wednesday, May 15th 1996. The ticket was only $10. Jaxx I thought might of been to small nowadays, especially the pit zone, other then that though Jaxx would of been cool. I wonder what it would take for them to do a private party. Dream Dream Dream.Ahhhhhh
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted January 12, 2009 00:19     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As for that tour playing the "blackest" town, I saw that Sepultura/Voivod tour in MA - They played at Lido's, a Brazilian nightclub. They *never* have punk or metal shows there ever, it's more of a dance-party place or so I'm told, but they put on the show there because of Sepultura being a South American band. And if memory serves, Sepultura's singer is black these days, yes? Maybe that's what led to that VA booking? I'm not a fan of anything they've done since the first split LP and album, so those guys are WAY off my radar, but I'm guessing that the booker might have been playing the ethnic angle when booking. Who knows? Not me.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan