my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Strictly Genteel

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strictly Genteel
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 04, 2008 14:30     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In Memoriam:

December 21, 1940 – December 4, 1993

15 Years ago today.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 04, 2008 14:57     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, shit! December 4th, forgot about it!

I miss Zappa. I'll plug my new turntable tonight and play "Bongo Fury" or "Hot Rats", and might indulge in a little "Chunga's Revenge".

I also have the 200 motels soundtrack...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 04, 2008 18:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Legends pass away but their memories and music live forever. What a fuckin genius Frank was and what a legacy he left behind. Dweezil's doin a great job carrying on with what his father created.

--------------------

yawn

L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted January 28, 2009 00:00     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He's the best!

For all his contribution in music. He done much more than any other band or musician from the last 300 hundred years but he had the advantage that he could work with electricity. Something that Bach, Beethoven or Mozart didn't. Zappa is a reference and will be for a long time. He touched a lot of styles; rock, jazz, classic, doo-wop, even disco and many other. The only disco song that I'm able to listen from the beginning to the end is Disco Boy. He's really the greatest even if many others are musicians are awsome. A man like him live only every 100 years.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan