my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Bassist Talks Politics: 'The Biggest Terrorist Ever, It's Been The U.S. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: VOIVOD Bassist Talks Politics: 'The Biggest Terrorist Ever, It's Been The U.S.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 17, 2008 07:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ON BBM:

HardTimes.ca conducted an interview with drummer Michel Langevin (a.k.a. Away) and bassist of Jean-Yves Theriault (a.k.a. Blacky) of the Canadian metal pioneers VOIVOD at the Trois Rivières Metalfest, which was held November 7-8, 2008 at the Bâtisse Industrielle in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada. The 10-minute chat, which deals primarily with conspiracy theories and the band's political views, can be viewed below.

Professionally filmed video footage of VOIVOD performing the song "Voivod" on September 20, 2008 at Club Citta in Kawasaki, Japan can be viewed below. The band was in Japan taking part in the two-night Thrash Domination 2008 event alongside TESTAMENT and FORBIDDEN.

VOIVOD made its trimphant return to the stage on June 22 in front of 22,500 fans as part of the Heavy MTL festival at Parc Jean-Drapeau in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The group was joined by original bass player Jean-Yves Theriault ("Blacky") for the first time in 17 years. Dan Mongrain from the Quebec band MARTYR, a good friend of the band, played guitar. Songs from the early catalogue were the focus for the Heavy MTL set, including VOIVOD's cover of the PINK FLOYD classic "Astronomy Domine", which closed the show before the band took a bow center stage and shared a group hug.

VOIVOD is currently working on its final album using songs left behind by guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour, who died in August 2005 from colon cancer.

Jason Newsted is still very much part of the VOIVOD family and is working with the band on the new record along with Jean-Yves Theriault and Eric Forrest. However, Newsted is unable to perform live at this point.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 17, 2008 14:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ayoye.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 17, 2008 14:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meh... not as much fuss as I would've expected.

You're always gonna get the average moron who will vomit the same argument over and over again.. y'know the "Y'all would be speaking russian if it wasnt for us" spiel. Blah blah blah.

Une tempête dans un verre d'eau, like we say. (a storm in a glass of water)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 17, 2008 14:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ouin, j'suis d'accord.

anyway, if blacky was anti-american he wouldn't live with someone who's grandfather was in the US navy and is buried in the military cemetery in arlington, haha.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 17, 2008 14:33     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
ouin, j'suis d'accord.

anyway, if blacky was anti-american he wouldn't live with someone who's grandfather was in the US navy and is buried in the military cemetery in arlington, haha.

my grandfather, too (not buried at Arlington, tho). WWII vet?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 17, 2008 14:33     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's disgraceful. Have you all forgotten the crusades? The British lead the way in terrorism!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 17, 2008 14:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
my grandfather, too. WWII vet?

yep. half my mom's family is american. we love them anyway.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 17, 2008 14:38     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
yep. half my mom's family is american. we love them anyway.

my dad did two tours of Vietnam (Army paratrooper) and yet was probably the biggest peace activist ive ever known, haha.

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 17, 2008 22:43     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, since we're on the subject (see Techocratic Manipulators too)...our Grandpa J.J. was a Navajo Code Talker and is buried in the Fort Defiance Veterans Cemetery in Arizona.

Fort Defiance was established in 1851 to create a military presence in Diné bikéyah (Navajo territory). It was built on valuable grazing land that the federal government then prohibited the Navajo from using. As a result, the appropriately named fort experienced intense fighting, culminating in an unsuccessful 1860 attack by the Navajo. The next year, at the onset of the Civil War, the army abandoned Fort Defiance. Continued Navajo raids in the area led Brigadier General James H. Carleton to send Kit Carson to impose order. Carleton's "solution" was brutal: thousands of starving Navajo were forced to the Long Walk and interned near Fort Sumner, New Mexico, much of their livestock was destroyed. The Navajo Treaty of 1868 allowed those interned to return to a portion of their land, and Fort Defiance was reestablished as an Indian agency that year.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 17, 2008 23:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109086
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 18, 2008 00:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grab some popcorn, and watch these idiots argue themselves into a bubbling mass of stupidity. It's actually sorta fun!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 18, 2008 06:31     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn, no wonder I do not read or post on blabbermouth.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 18, 2008 17:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go Blacky!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 18, 2008 22:48     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm working on a more accurate political statement.
Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted November 19, 2008 23:21     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You were 100% correct in saying what you did and there isnt a reason on earth for you to change a word! If it offends anyone well then the hell with them. Funny how the country that prides itself on freedom of speech gets its red, white & blue panties in a bunch when somene says something even remotely close to questioning its tactics.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 20, 2008 04:36     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed. I just hope JY doesn't get trouble from idiot Rednecks because of this.

Then again, all publicity is good publicity and its not like Voivod are short of bassists.

(I would put a winky smiley here but I am firmly against such things. lol.)

--------------------

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted November 20, 2008 09:20     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are some ideas...

1. US is the biggest terrorist
2. Bush is bad at interviews (like us)
3. 9/11 was sad for a few minutes.
4. Voivod are not terrorists.
5. We are not anti-American we only hate 47% of you
6. Obama won, but too many voted for McCain, therefore (see item 1.)
7. Cheneys lesbian daughter likes Angel Rat.
8. Flo taught us how to alienate fans.
9. Yes we are touring with Barbara Streisand.
10. Voivod lied, Voivod died.
11. We feel safer in Tehran
12. Of course we have no solutions.
13. Iraq war was to get oil, so there was a friggin reason.
14. Angel Rat was not intended to be used for torture.
15. Let's make another boring rock album.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 20, 2008 12:32     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. US and other country do scare and terrify people
2. Many people including American are filled with terror
3. 9/11 is still very sad and unfortunate
4. Voivod, the creature was a terrorist
5. I do not hate 47% of american, just scared of some of them
6. Obama will bring change, I'm optimistic
7. Cheney had a different understanding of the presidency
8. Anything Flo can do, I can do better
9. So far no tour planned with Streisand, it is just a rumor
10. Voivod, the ceature is asking for forgiveness
11. Lets find the next target
12. Everybody let's go home
13. Black Gold Down
14. Angel Rat was supposed to be top 40
15. Let's make another fictional list.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 20, 2008 17:08     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that the track listing for the next Voivod album?

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 21, 2008 00:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm an idiot redneck and I defend Blacky 100 per penny

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 21, 2008 00:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
13. Iraq war was to get oil, so there was a friggin reason.

Where is this so-called fuckin oil? Why has gas prices been at an all-time high? You cannot be seriously

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 21, 2008 08:40     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Where is this so-called fuckin oil? Why has gas prices been at an all-time high? You cannot be seriously

oh, the oil wasnt for us, haha.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 21, 2008 09:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
I'm an idiot redneck and I defend Blacky 100 per penny

Haha...me too. Well I defend him musically that is.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 21, 2008 19:49     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ma blonde me dit de la fermée, ostie!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 21, 2008 19:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan