my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » KREATOR -Hordes OF Chaos North America Tour

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KREATOR -Hordes OF Chaos North America Tour
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted October 18, 2008 15:06     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KREATOR -Hordes OF Chaos North America Tour 2009
With special guest EXODUS
Belphegor
Warbringer
Epicurean

04-07- 2009 Sonar Baltimore MD
04-08- 2009 Nokia Theatre NYC, NY
04-09- 2009 Trocadero,Philadelphia PA
04-10-2009 Palladium, Worcester MA
04-11-2009 Medley,Montreal, QUE
04-13-2009 Imperial de Quebec, QUE
04-14-2009 Opera House,Toronto ONT
04-15-2009 Peabody’s, Cleveland H
04-16-2009 Rave, Millwaukee WI
04-17-2009 House of Blues, Chicago IL
04-18-2009 The Rock, Maplewood MN
04-19-2009 Garrick Centre, Winnipeg MB
04-20-2009 The Distrikt Regina, SK
04-21-2009 Warehouse, Calgary AL
04-22-2009 STARLITE Room, EdmontonAL
04-24-2009 Plaza Club, Vancouver BC
04-25-2009 Sugar VictoriaBC
04-26-2009 El Corazon, Seattle WA
04-27-2009 Hawthorne Theatre,Portland OR
04-28-2009 Slims, San Francisco CA
04-30-2009 House Of Blues,Las Vegas NV
05-01-2009 House of Blues, San Diego, CA
05-02-2009 House of Blues, West Hollywood CA
05-04-2009 Gator’s, Farmington, NM
05-05-2009 Bluebird Theater, Denver CO
05-06-2009 Diamond Ballroom, Oklahoma City
05-07-2009 Ridglea Theater, Ft Worth TX
05-08-2009 Scout Bar, SanAntonio TX
05-09-2009 Scout Bar, Houston TX
05-11-2009 The Garage, St.Petersburg FL
05-12-2009 Culture Room, Ft Lauderdale, FL
05-13-2009 Masquerade,Atlanta GA
05-14-2009 Headliner, Louisville KY
05-15-2009 Orange Peel, Ashville NC
05-16-2009 Volume 11, Raleigh NC
05-17-2009 Jaxx, West Springfield

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 18, 2008 22:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Starting off in Baltimore... I'm going to have to seriously think about going to this one.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted October 20, 2008 08:53     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The tour begins on a tuesday in Balt? That stinks... I am planning on the NYC show the next night (Wed). I hate mid week shows.

However, Kreator and Exodus is going to be a something to see.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 20, 2008 10:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
I hate mid week shows.

Haha...old fart. Nah, I hate the mid-week hangovers the most. I have no self-control when it comes to live gigs and the need and taste for BEER!

Sadly, this gig is rolling through Farmington, NM which is a 3 1/2 hour drive from here. Bloody hell. I did it for Death Angel and it's a hellava drive through nothingness, really. And Farmington is such a shithole too. Smelly oil town. Anyone want to fly to Portland to see this? Haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted October 20, 2008 12:07     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
[QB]Haha...old fart. QB]

So sad and so true. Getting old fucking blows.

However, the Nokia (NYC)is one of my favorite venues for a show. It's is right in times square and has great sound. It is almost like seeing someone in a studio.

I hope the new record is as good as they are saying. Exodus is a nice bonus, considering they s/b touring the "new" version of Bonded by Blood. Plenty of the old stuff for the old farts.

I say it all the time. Somehow, I have become the "creepy old guy" at concerts.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 20, 2008 22:35     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A year or 2 ago, I found out (ONE day too late) that Kreator and Napalm (fucking) Death played a show less than 3 miles from my front (fucking) door. I am still in a deep state of depression from that one. Exodus to me has always sucked ass, but I simply cannot miss Mille and the boys in Maplewood this time around.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 21, 2008 17:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do ya REALLY feel about Exodus Tang?

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted November 24, 2008 10:12     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sunday morning, on the way to play golf, I heard the title track "Hordes of Chaos".

Great, I really cannot wait for the release and tour.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 28, 2008 15:25     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard the whole album. It's not exactly bad, let's just say that Enemy Of God is so much better...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 28, 2008 15:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it. But in a way, and i hate to say it, they're turning into Overkill (ie: repetitive). I'm also getting increasingly annoyed with Sneap's production.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 29, 2008 21:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I love Overkill but I do understand what you're saying. I thought Enemy Of God was intense, and even though I'll be picking the new one up no matter what, I was hoping it would be a bit different.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 30, 2008 11:20     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anything, this one is faster than Enemy Of God overall... but yah, a little experimentation wouldve been nice, too.
winoguy
VoivodFan
Member # 748

posted December 19, 2008 18:45     Profile for winoguy   Email winoguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be in Worcestor for sure. I haven't seen Kreator in 20 years for some reason.

--------------------

11-7-88 w/ Violence
5-15-03 w/ Sepultura
6-22-08 w/ Anthrax

Interested in CDR trades. Have over 3100 titles in thrash, doom, death, grind, hardcore, NWOBHM, 70's, power etc. I sell on ebay under vladdrac666
http://www.myspace.com/doommetalpatches

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted January 17, 2009 09:50     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally received my copy.

Think its a great record, however the drums are a little too loud. The vocals and guitars are a little drowned out.

Good to see they still are releasing quality metal. Best part is they dedicated HOC to Piggy.

Really looking forward to seeing them w Exodus.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 17, 2009 18:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can now understand what you guys were saying about the new Kreator. It does sound like recycled Kreator, although recycled Kreator is still a lot better than the majority of the bands out there. Heavy and brutal as always, but just nothing new or groundbreaking this time. Still damn good. Gotta make time to watch the dvd.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan