my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Cool interview with Eric Forrest

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cool interview with Eric Forrest
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 05, 2008 11:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's a really nice interview with Eric, posted on the "Metal Rules" site. Something (Voivod-related, of course) along the line grabbed my attention:

quote:
The Voivod demo 2001, the songs are more ANGEL RAT type vibe, of which is cool but not my favorite Voivod. When it gets released (Voivod DVD along with some vids/live footage in the future - so Away tells me) you will understand what I mean. I love all kinds of music but prefer to play heavy thrash type music.

Link: http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1454

Are we up for (finally) the follow up to DVOD 1? Hope so!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted October 05, 2008 15:35     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2 more Voivod albums are waiting for us, hard to believe.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 05, 2008 17:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd love to hear those demos. Angel Rat is just another album that shows how diverse Voivod is. Nonoe of the Above has always been one of my fav songs.

I've been dying for DVoD 2 to get released.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 05, 2008 18:58     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I'd love to hear more Angel Rat sounding songs, it's a great album.

--------------------

String em up

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 05, 2008 19:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell yeah !

Thats the VoiVod though, nothing ever comes out sounding like the last. and the way I am reading that comment by Eric is as if he was speaking of the Self Titled release ? which is far from Angel Rat.

One thing... there is a possible 2 more releases of Piggy material heading our way, but is that going to be Dan in the studio or actual Piggy tracks he laid down onto his computer, is Dan going to translate that material in studio ? Piggy prolly did not write the bass lines so on the upcomings its gonna be all Blacky twisting bass around Piggys tracks. \m/

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 06, 2008 06:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, the Forrest-era Voivod I love very much! Can't wait to hear more of these tunes !!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan