my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » h

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: h
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 22, 2008 22:28     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried to PM you first in regards to this message but was obviously unsuccessful in doing that...so...anyway, I went to see Carcass last night in Seattle (which was a killer show btw) and I was going to give a copy of Mos Generator's latest disc "Songs for Future Gods" to Mr. Steer, but I wasn't able to do that. Instead I gave it to the bus driver, because Bill had already left for the hotel by that time. Tony wanted me to give him a copy since he really admires Firebird's work. This is just to let you know where the disc came from, and are you still in touch with Bill as well? (I assume that you're still playing bass in the band??)

Please PM me when you get the chance.

Cheers.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 23, 2008 11:55     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PM sent!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 23, 2008 15:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy Hell H (HHH)...must be cool to play with Bill Steer. He blew my fuckin' mind! I haven't been "moved" by a guitar playin' mofo in a long time. If I had a dick, I'd have had a HUGE hard on last Friday night. William Jeffrey Steer is the Man!

Carcass man, prolly the best gig of this year. Heartwork live kicked my ass, but what treat to watch Mr. Steer in action. My god, those riffs and solos! And Walker talking smack about Metallica all night was awesome. Wish I could remember what the fuck he said, but my pea-brain is no help. I saw Gary Holt from Exodus at the gig too. Met a nice guy named Steve who had about 6 Voivod patches on his jean jacket. No Ken Owen though as he'd flown back home.

Some huge person stepped on my toe during the last song and fucked it all up...yeah. Gimping around San Francisco late at night with nowhere to stay was interesting to say the least. A great night indeed.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 23, 2008 20:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"If I had a dick, I'd have had a HUGE hard on last Friday night."

YOU CRACK ME UP!!!! This should be your new signature!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 23, 2008 22:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Luna, you mean you were actually able to 'understand' what Walker said??? He cracked jokes the whole night between songs and the entire audience and myself included didn't comprehend one damn thing he said the entire night. He probably was wondering why nobody was laughing.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 24, 2008 10:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Walker-speak. I caught some words here and there, like the one where he announced the next song (god knows what song that was) and said something about them being in a movie titled: Some Kind of Faggots...haha...one of those Metallica jabs.

The crowd was awesome though. Tons of beastly metal guys, which I love. However, that venue, which was nice and cavernous...was HOT as HADES! I was drenched in sweat by the end of the evening. Drenched in beastly metal guy sweat!!! Gross.

Now. Is anyone going to that KILLING JOKE gig? Sparse dates is all I know.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 24, 2008 14:41     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
[QB]Hey Luna, you mean you were actually able to 'understand' what Walker said??? He cracked jokes the whole night between songs and the entire audience and myself included didn't comprehend one damn thing he said the entire night. QB]

um, no dude I think that might just be a Mez thing...

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 24, 2008 17:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of Killing Joke, is anyone going to either of the London shows?

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan