my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Carcass Show 9/12/08 Part I

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carcass Show 9/12/08 Part I
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 17, 2008 08:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I should have written this the day after as I've already started forgetting some of the key moments of this event.

First, I was happy to hear they were gonna play the Masquerade. That is by far the most metal of any club I've ever been to. The place is over a hundred years old and used to be an old mill. Built with huge timbers on three levels...its like nothing you've ever seen before...except perhaps out of some horror film.

I enter the place to the noise of some local band playing...badly of course. They're not terrible just....how should I say...no sound. Kind of a Pantera thing with Swedish overtones...in other words their 'sound' is exactly like everyone else hacking out there calling themselves metal. I immediately head for the bar. Yes! Guiness and Tsing Tao are spotted....

Close to the bar I notice a very odd couple watching the show. Its a husband & wife probably in their fifties.......Ahhh yes, the parents of one of the hacks onstage. For some reason their prescence greatly annoys me. Fortunately when the band leaves they leave as well.

Following the locals I'm excited to see the next group up. From Finland, a grind band called Rotten Sound. I've heard great things about them from Terrorizer so I'm curious to see how they stack up against the hype. Holy shit, nobody is ready for this. Kind of an andrenalized Terrorizer...the rythm section is fucking killer...singer's shriek is distinct(very welcome change)the bald guitarist plays a badass black Les Paul. Low in the mix....its a nice balance with the bass and drums...producing something totally destructive that tears everybodys' heads off.

Shit, work calls....
More to come in Part II including my introduction to wigger slam student Tapout and the extreme musical boredom of Aborted.

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 17, 2008 08:31     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, a good start for your report...waiting to read more!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 17, 2008 09:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aargghh...stupid work calling!

Hey Mezzy, can't wait to read the rest. I'll post a report upon my return from San Francisco. Prolly won't happen until Monday though since I'm old skool, i.e. poor and have no computer at home.

Carcassssss!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 18, 2008 01:00     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh fiddlestix, i thought this was a review of Krokus! drat, foiled again!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan