my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Richard Wright Died !!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Richard Wright Died !!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 15, 2008 13:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Richard Wright passed away from a short struggle with cancer. Horrible news indeed, just when there was hope for Pink Floyd doing something beyond Live 8. This sucks

shine on rick

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 15, 2008 14:17     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just read the news. Cant believe it.

RIP Pink Floyd.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 15, 2008 14:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 15, 2008 14:22     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just heard that as well. Bummer.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 15, 2008 18:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another legend has joined the Great Gig In The Sky. Shine On...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted September 15, 2008 18:34     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrible news. I had no idea he was ill at all. Quite a shock actually... His contributions to Floyd are among my favorites:

Summer of '68
Remember a Day
Paint Box

You'll be missed Rick!

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted September 16, 2008 02:56     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Words fail me

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 16, 2008 07:55     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bloody hell! Only yesterday evening I was thinking how cool and awesome he was in Live in Pompei.

RIP Rick Wright.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted September 16, 2008 09:33     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard the news about Rick Wright last night and it was a shock to hear it because I knew nothing of his illness. As in past hazard Saturday I watched the show Live at Pompeii. I don't believe that it happened like that. It's a bit like I learned the sad news of departure Piggy. I knew nothing about his state of health and then one morning, I was listening Notingface and I knew that he left for another world while watching the news on the Internet. How sad to learn that way.
The items listed before in other post are excellent but Wright has allowed us to hear great moments of sublime music as well as in Sysyphus, Stay, Echoes and create cosmic ambiences with keyboards as in the albums Dark Side, Wish you were Here and Animals. A true giant in his field this guy.

RIP Rick Wright

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted September 16, 2008 17:24     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just saw news this morning. Really sucks! RIP Richard Wright.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 17, 2008 05:29     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ah, Paintbox. I used to have to listen to that beautiful song every day.

One of my favourite early songs - if nothing else it proved he could do more than that Eastern scale thing (the rest of the band took the piss and called it 'Ricks Turkish Delight', apparently).

Was it actually Rick Wright who played on The Wall? I thought Ezrin might have done some of it.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted September 19, 2008 18:25     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was just telling my GF that you know your getting old when you see your heroes diyng, and now this....

R.I.P. M. Wright

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan