my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod playing Trois Rivieres metalfest! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Voivod playing Trois Rivieres metalfest!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 08, 2008 16:43     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm in TR too... i'll jet over to the gig sometime around 7 or whatever.
 |  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 09, 2008 10:42     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Photos please......................
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 09, 2008 11:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mc Gregor:
Putain de travail me retient encore icitte!

WHAT DID YOU SAY???

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 09, 2008 12:18     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

WHAT DID YOU SAY???

"Fucking work keeps me here, again". Basically.

My pics came out blurry as all hell, but i'll post some of them later on.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 09, 2008 13:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 09, 2008 14:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
there was a zillion photographers there yesterday so i'm sure there will be a lot of great photos online soon. til then:

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 10, 2008 06:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, pix. thank you.

I wonder what it would be like if my most favorite band was in Holland instead of Canada. Then I would be at their concerts all the time and giving you all these fine snapshots.... sniff.....

So gentlemen, about time you get your asses down here. Last time was almost a decade ago. thank you....

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 10, 2008 10:18     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They were amazing! Overreaction, Nuclear War and Nothingface were the highlights for me.

And my not-so-good pics:

Took a couple of movie clips too but they sound awful (too much metal for the tiny cam mic).

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 10, 2008 10:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Much better ones here:
Metaluniverse.net

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted November 10, 2008 11:46     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What an amazing show! The guys were so into it, great chemisty and lots of smiling. It was obvious they were having a blast on stage. The energy was through the roof...

Setlist included (not in order, and I may forget one or two), opener Voivod (with Snake's mic not fucking on when he yelled VOIVOOOOOOOOOOOD, what a shame...), Nuclear War, Ravenous Medecine, Overreaction, Tornado, Brain Scan, Tribal Convictions, The Unknown Knows, Nothingface, The Prow, Panorama (not sure), Astonomy Domine...

Snake obviously had a few *cough* beers backstage, was smiling alot and forgot a few lyrics here and there. Can't remember which song, but he forgot the 2nd verse so he just sang the 1st verse again! But who cares, he was clearly having a blast and said so a couple of times.

Away, rock solid as usual. I was worried how Tribal would sound now that he uses only one tom, but no problem here, he rides the fuck out of that new minimal set.

Blacky was the energizer bunny on stage. What a slinky, bouncing around everywhere, very intense. No offense to Jason, but it feels so fucking great to see him home again. One word: OVERREACTION. *Shivers*

Last but not least, Dan. We all miss Piggy, that's understood. But damn, I'll be fucked if he missed a single note. Close your eyes and you would NEVER know it's not Piggy shredding these chords. I am so fucking seriously impressed with Dan, he would make Piggy proud for carrying the torch so eloquently. The chemistry is obvious between Dan and the band, like he's been around forever. Once again: FUCKING IMPRESSIVE!

On a lesser note, I'm disapointed that not a single song off RRROOOAAARRR made it to the setlist. Come on! At least give us Ripping Headaches or To the Death. If you decide to stick to the Blacky era, you gotta cover at least one song from RRROOOAAARRR. Stop behing achamed of this album!

Also, please don't take so much time between songs, it breaks the flow and energy. We love contact between the band and the fans, but enough chit-chat and more music! On the other hand, noboby is getting any younger, so maybe you just need the time to catch your breath?

Priceless moment: Blacky asking the crowd "who's over 40 here?" only to be answered by a dozen hands raised. Then Blacky goes "fuck, we could be the fathers of most people here!". Reality bites, doesn't it? If it makes it any better, I'm 37 so you could be my big brother?

So here's to hoping that you'll tour the shit out the next album with this line-up. And please cover the whole Voivod catalog, at least one song from every single album, even if another bassist or singer was in place at the time. Just for the sake of honouring Piggy's songs and creative genious. If it's the last tour, I wanna ear it all...

Cheers guys, VOIVOD lives on!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted November 10, 2008 11:59     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 10, 2008 12:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Incredible!!

Anybody know the story behind Dan's axe? I see its a Jackson...that is a metalfuckingmachine...I love the natural woodgrain body....Looks like the stealth design....

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 10, 2008 13:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanx for the pics Nia and Skulhed and the killer reveiw YT. It'll be interesting to see where the band goes after the last of the Piggy material is released. I'd love to see them continue as VOIVOD with this current lineup and release new material in the future. What an incredible legacy that Piggy has left and what an amazing journey VOIVOD is now on.
TO THE DEATH!!!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 10, 2008 14:30     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Incredible!!

Anybody know the story behind Dan's axe? I see its a Jackson...that is a metalfuckingmachine...I love the natural woodgrain body....Looks like the stealth design....

that's a liberatore.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 10, 2008 14:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=T2GxOM9CYK4

I'll have a couple more later on.

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted November 10, 2008 15:34     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Totally fucking incredible.

I was in front with Skul and had a great time! Speed Demon (nice meeting you) was to my immediate left and we were like giddy children in anticipation of them playing.

I also had the distinct priviledge of meeting Nia. Thanks for the freebier!

Now, the thing that really got me was the song Nothingface. There was a time that if you would have told me someone else besides Piggy would be playing it live, I would have told you it would be so sloppy there would just be no way they could pull the song off. Dan hit every note right on time and nailed the solos. I could not have been more impressed.

Ynys Trebes is right on the money with his review and how much Dan fits in with them is really something to see.

Watching them play with the original backdrop was also just incredible. If you told me they were playing again this weekend in Quebec I would most likely drive right back up again.

Maybe I will get lucky and they could make their way to NYC! Would be nice to understand a word of what is being said between songs besides "CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!"

Good times and I understand how lucky I was to be there. Quite frankly, if I didn't have family up there I might not have made either trip. However, I did, and am truly blessed with a great bunch of inlaws who are cool as fuck. (note the drunken inlaw coming in well after 2 am)

Despite what is said about French Canadians being rude, they are some really fucking cool people. Everyone up there has always been really great to me and my family.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 10, 2008 15:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya lucky bastids! Those are some great piccehs, thanks.

--------------------

String em up

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted November 10, 2008 16:00     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just for fun, check out Cryptopsy's wall of death, they played just before Voivod...
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=tSl4osFH6LM

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 10, 2008 17:12     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A minute and a half of "Nothingface"
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=hMxLPFrLiSk

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 10, 2008 17:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nuclear war on youtube. not the greatest sound but whatevs.

great review YT! and nice meeting you too, TS.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted November 10, 2008 21:30     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Say nia, anything cool you'd like to share with us regarding the show? How did the guys feel after the show? What were their comments? Funny anecdotes, stories, mishaps, whatever?

And why not drag your bf in here so he can give us his review of the show?

Thank you, good night

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted November 10, 2008 21:41     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:

Despite what is said about French Canadians being rude, they are some really fucking cool people...

What?!??! Where did you hear that, you fucking piece a shit?

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted November 11, 2008 07:03     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
What?!??! Where did you hear that, you fucking piece a shit?

The correct terminology would be "piece OF shit", you rude french canadian.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted November 11, 2008 08:22     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know, I just wrote it the way it's pronounced, you arrogant american basturd
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 11, 2008 09:23     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
Say nia, anything cool you'd like to share with us regarding the show? How did the guys feel after the show? What were their comments? Funny anecdotes, stories, mishaps, whatever?

And why not drag your bf in here so he can give us his review of the show?

hum, everyone seemed happy after the show. that venue is a cavern, it's super hard to hear anything on stage so i'm surprised it went as well as it did.

i must confess to being hopped up on cold & flu meds most of the festival making the end of the last night a bit of a blur, especially after being there two days. after the show i chatted with razor and some very drunk ghoulunatics while everyone loaded out and then i came back to montreal instead of going to the party(ies) at the motel miami so i don't really have any anecdotes! oh wait, i did tape up the martyr drummer's foot after he did a jump off the drum riser onto the floor after soundcheck, doing himself a solid by spraining his ankle. he played a good show though. (i'm not a medical professional, i just play one at metal festivals...)

the bf is busy busy busy but i'm sure he'll post something eventually.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan