my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » THE OUTER LIMITS REMASTER... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: THE OUTER LIMITS REMASTER...
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted October 23, 2008 10:17     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Hi all

MVD will be distributing this CD in the US, and they put the release date as 10/28/08. No bonus tracks, comes w the glasses. As with many other titles on this label, it's stated to be a gold CD, and limited to 2000 copies.

The thing is, the legitimacy of this disk is dubious until we hear from Voivod about it. Several reissued bands have stated that they were involved in the reissue process, but some have had no knowledge of the reissues at all - Case in point, BLESSED DEATH's first two albums were reissued a while back, and the band had no idea it was happening until I brought it to their attention - And nope, they didn't get a penny from it.

Will Voivod? I don't know. My understanding is that Away was working on the reissues, they were chiefly going to be expanded editions (though it was never stated that they *all* would be, and TOLimits is a long album in the first place) so buying this reissue might mean supporting an illicit product...

I still own my original CD, and DO NOT plan on supporting this sketchy release and sketchy label, knowing for a fact that they've been shady with other bands.

All the best,
PAULIE

Bugger!!! If I'd of known this...

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

|  IP: Logged
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted October 23, 2008 14:57     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didnt MVD have something to do with the distribution DVOD1?

I could be confusing the companies.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 23, 2008 16:23     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
[QB]Didnt MVD have something to do with the distribution DVOD1?
QB]

Yes, their logo is likely on the back of the DVD, and I think it's an MVD title in fact - But MVD is also a distributor of non-MVD titles. This is one of those.

All the best,
PAULIE

PS Of course this will all be moot if Away pipes up and says it's legit...

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted October 28, 2008 09:51     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When this was first announced, I sent the information to Voivod's manager James. He had just heard about it. Apparently the label claims they licensed it from Universal Poland, but management was waiting to see official paperwork on it. I do think however they have sent the band some copies.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan