my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » THE OUTER LIMITS REMASTER... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: THE OUTER LIMITS REMASTER...
JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted August 30, 2008 21:58     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to this site the outer Limits remaster is scheduled for September 29TH:

METAL MIND RECORDS...

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 31, 2008 05:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Will this be worth buying? I mean will the sound be much better? I like it the way it is.... Maybe my ears are bad??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 31, 2008 08:18     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like a plan, but the icing on the cake would be to hear some of that material live.
JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted August 31, 2008 09:46     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a 24bit remaster which means the original recording will have more clarity, it's not the same as remixing or fucking around with. It also comes on a gold disc which has better quality.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 31, 2008 10:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll buy it and add it to the 2 previous version I have in my collection. Love that album!!! I'm assuming the 3d glasses will once again come with the disc. I hope THE END will be carrying this or at least some place in the states.

--------------------

yawn

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted September 02, 2008 09:20     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool!!!!!

Got this on vinyl - not heard it in years!

Now I can my sis to buy it for my birthday - which was last month

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 04, 2008 17:33     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I played my old copy again today for the first time in months (sorry, I know I should play it on a daily basis). But still... it sounds perfect the way it is (which is not perfect, but I like that). I wonder if this is an authorized re-release. We never had an official statement from whoever. Also, this doesn't seem to have any bonus material. I thought ALL re-releases would have some of that.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted September 05, 2008 04:11     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
I played my old copy again today for the first time in months (sorry, I know I should play it on a daily basis). But still... it sounds perfect the way it is (which is not perfect, but I like that). I wonder if this is an authorized re-release. We never had an official statement from whoever. Also, this doesn't seem to have any bonus material. I thought ALL re-releases would have some of that.

It's a remaster, not a remix, so it will only improve the clarity of what was originally recorded like how the master would have sounded in the studio. It won't fuck with the mixing of the songs. You will just hear more of the original. It's not even as extreme as making a mono recording stereo.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 05, 2008 04:13     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do have the first 2 Solitude Aeturnus cd's on Metal Mind and they're pretty ok. However, I also know MM did re-release some stuph (for instance the third Elend album) without any band permission. Elend themselves re-released that album, in a better sounding version and with bonus track, on their own label.

Of course I want TOL with extra stuph as well, instead of 9 songs I already have.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted September 05, 2008 05:48     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Of course I want TOL with extra stuph as well, instead of 9 songs I already have.

Is it known what other tracks were recorded in the studio, if any?

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted September 06, 2008 09:39     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NightSod:
Is it known what other tracks were recorded in the studio, if any?

That's a good question, Angel Rat had TOL no idea?
anyone knows?

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 06, 2008 10:17     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no idea.

But they sure must have some demo/live stuph lying around for a re-release.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted October 01, 2008 14:06     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just bought mine - from metalopolis, some polish shop that was the link from Metal Mind.

Fingers crossed it arrives ha ha

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted October 10, 2008 12:33     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no sign of it yet...

Anyone else got it???

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 10, 2008 12:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shargraves:
no sign of it yet...

Anyone else got it???

Oh yeah, I have both the 3D version and the European one in full color and no 3D.

I am looking for the lp-release of it. It would make my voivod-lp-collection more complete.....

By the way someone told my that there was a 3D-lp version of this album. Is this true anyone??

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 10, 2008 13:04     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did see a pic of the 3D vinyl version posted somewhere in the past, less it was that yellow album im thinking of, it was warcorpse or someone in canada that posted it.

I have two 3D versions of TOL on cd "orig" and 2 AR fold out "orig" on cd, I dont own any vinyl of any VoiVod yet though.

It would totally blow my mind if there were unreleased tracks on TOL, shit man now i am dying to know !

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 10, 2008 13:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont think there were extra tracks for TOL at all... even the singles of the album had none. One of them had a live version of Tribal Convictions, tho.
JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted October 10, 2008 15:20     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Outer Limits was more or less recorded stright after Angel Rat so I doubt there was any left-overs.
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted October 10, 2008 15:38     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No... a slight misunderstanding...

I meant has anyone got this newly released remaster?? from New Mind....

Of course I've got The Outer Limits on LP; bought it the day it was released!!!

And CD too...

But I payed for this remaster too = so anyone got one from metal minds site??

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 11, 2008 03:04     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am afraid that MCA were tight little bitches, and therefor didn't give much more recording time...Such a shame, really.

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 11, 2008 05:41     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
bummer, that'll make you feel like a crackhead looks picking thru the carpet for that little chunk that got away...
Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted October 14, 2008 14:23     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In my opinion the only thing that The Outer Limits needs is Blacky, other than that its perfect.
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted October 18, 2008 07:08     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it arrived today from poland!

No xtras. not on a gold cd.

It is 3d though. and it sounds great to me, but I have not heard the original cd so can't compare it with anything.

--------------------

Steven Hargraves

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 22, 2008 00:05     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all

MVD will be distributing this CD in the US, and they put the release date as 10/28/08. No bonus tracks, comes w the glasses. As with many other titles on this label, it's stated to be a gold CD, and limited to 2000 copies.

The thing is, the legitimacy of this disk is dubious until we hear from Voivod about it. Several reissued bands have stated that they were involved in the reissue process, but some have had no knowledge of the reissues at all - Case in point, BLESSED DEATH's first two albums were reissued a while back, and the band had no idea it was happening until I brought it to their attention - And nope, they didn't get a penny from it.

Will Voivod? I don't know. My understanding is that Away was working on the reissues, they were chiefly going to be expanded editions (though it was never stated that they *all* would be, and TOLimits is a long album in the first place) so buying this reissue might mean supporting an illicit product...

I still own my original CD, and DO NOT plan on supporting this sketchy release and sketchy label, knowing for a fact that they've been shady with other bands.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 22, 2008 00:12     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Imran:
In my opinion the only thing that The Outer Limits needs is Blacky, other than that its perfect.

I absolutely agree. I believe I have this on vinyl somewhere in a box.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan