my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dan Mongrain pictures

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dan Mongrain pictures
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted August 16, 2008 15:16     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I took some pictures of Dan Mongrain when he was in town playing with death metal legend, Dan Bigras on August 9th.

I was quite surprised to see him play with the other Dan.
After the show, Mongrain left very fast for Montreal and I just couldn't talk to him.
He probably had to practice with the band the day after for the JP concert.

DAN MONGRAIN live pics

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

|  IP: Logged
Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted August 16, 2008 22:49     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
17 through 27 are especially rad!

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 16, 2008 23:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh... death metal legend Dan Bigras.
L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted September 07, 2008 03:05     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Ron !
Its a joke cause Dan Bigras isn't a metal legend. Don't try to laugh to anyone of us Bigras is real big whole lot of SHIT and he plays crap music. Sorry but Bigras is extremly far from Voivodians. And I know both cause I heard them many times(and I heard Bigras not by pleasure). Mongrain played with Bigras probably just for the $$$.
But please don't try to make us to believe to Dan Bigras as Metal Legend. He's just pathetic. Trois p'tits cochons is not a metal song. Tu m'turas is not a metal at all and no one other song from Bigras.
Bigras is absolutely just a kind of shit and music for gay pride parade. Your beside from the track man...

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted September 07, 2008 07:29     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dan Mongrain is an awesome guitarist (sometimes a session musician for the inevitable $$$, like you said) But I think he respect all the musicians and singers he plays with, metal or not, Dan Bigras included.

He's not just your average metalhead, altough his heart is grounded in the genre. Just look at his myspace page, there's progressive-technical-death-metal, but also very smooth jazz pieces... his palette of colours is in no way restricted to metal.

Damn, one of his guitar hero is Allan Holdsworth, not very metal if you ask me...

And you can clearly see him having fun on stage all around Quebec with numerous acts, from Breen Leboeuf to Martyr to Elvis hommage and the list goes on... Not sure of his degree of satisfaction with Shania's Friend (tribute to Shania Twain) though...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 07, 2008 10:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by L'Heavy:
Hey Ron !
Its a joke cause Dan Bigras isn't a metal legend. Don't try to laugh to anyone of us Bigras is real big whole lot of SHIT and he plays crap music. Sorry but Bigras is extremly far from Voivodians. And I know both cause I heard them many times(and I heard Bigras not by pleasure). Mongrain played with Bigras probably just for the $$$.
But please don't try to make us to believe to Dan Bigras as Metal Legend. He's just pathetic. Trois p'tits cochons is not a metal song. Tu m'turas is not a metal at all and no one other song from Bigras.
Bigras is absolutely just a kind of shit and music for gay pride parade. Your beside from the track man...

It's called sarcasm. Look it up.

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted September 07, 2008 17:14     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oups, embarassing then...
My grip of the english language might not be as good as I thought, because I took that for cash. Or my sense of humour might not be very up to date too. Either way, I'll work on that.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan