my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Complete Montreal 8/12/08 audio available for download

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Complete Montreal 8/12/08 audio available for download
michaelb2112
VoivodFan
Member # 1029

posted August 16, 2008 12:34     Profile for michaelb2112   Email michaelb2112     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As promised earlier this week, here is the complete Voivod performance from the Bell Center in Montreal on August 12, 2008. The band opened for Judas Priest and played a 45-minute set that was the same as their performance at the Heavy MTL festival on June 22, 2008. That being said, I found this performance tighter and more confident.
Each song is an individual download (link next to the title) of a 256kbps MP3 file.

Voivod http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G6E1XS3A

The Prow http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QOEY17J

Tornado http://www.megaupload.com/?d=180Z6QTX

Ravenous Medicine http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BR2K62QM

The Unknown Knows http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YYEU9IBK

Tribal Convictions http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GG8T7OIE

Brain Scan http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KA8GAABT

Astronomy Domine http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19TWVIAD

Enjoy.

Michael in Montreal

|  IP: Logged
Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted August 16, 2008 12:37     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Outstanding!

Thank you so much.

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted August 16, 2008 14:12     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, thank you for posting this. The sounds quality is quite good.

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 16, 2008 17:49     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted August 16, 2008 23:22     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These all sound great!

Thanks again.

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted August 17, 2008 10:37     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, great sound!!! Thanks a lot!

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 17, 2008 11:23     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good sound, great performance. Thanx a lot!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 17, 2008 16:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you very much, sir.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2008 17:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks. Gottem downloaded, now to burn on cdr for my listening enjoyment wherever I go.

you rock!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 17, 2008 20:39     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hells yeah ! sound great too...

thx

AMYGDALA
VoivodFan
Member # 990

posted August 18, 2008 05:00     Profile for AMYGDALA   Email AMYGDALA     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing stuff...

Thanks a lot!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 18, 2008 10:10     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was great! Never normally like live stuff but that's a keeper. What a sterling job Dan is doing.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 18, 2008 11:14     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks alot !
The sound quality is amazing!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 18, 2008 16:34     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn internet, now you guys will listen to all my mistakes(s)(s)(s)(s)

The show was very fun, can't wait to play more shows, watch out guys! it may just be the start. I was lucky enough to talk to Kenneth (KK) after our show, he was sneaking on stage during our show, later I give him a VV shirt and thanked him for being one of my inspirations to play music. I would like to play with JP again in the future.

"credit goes to Metal Mike"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 18, 2008 16:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the post Blacky. The band sounds phenomenal and I'm sure Dennis is smiling down on you all for sending out his great music into the multivers once again. Glad to hear this is just the beginning. Nice to hear the Blower Bass again pounding away in my cranium as only you know how.

VOIVOD LIVES

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 18, 2008 20:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was bored tonite so I made some jewel case art for the show. I posted it on one of my sites if you're interested in using, go ahead.
CD ART

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 18, 2008 21:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that the guy from Testament in the pic??

Nice cd cover by the way Dave.......

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 19, 2008 10:26     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! Thanks very much! A momentous occasion for sure. The mighty Priest and Voivod is a dream concert for me. Just add a dash of Maiden and it's the perfect nutritious Metal feast! The sound is really good too.
Blacky, you must have mixed these, coz I don't hear any fuck ups at all!

michaelb2112
VoivodFan
Member # 1029

posted August 24, 2008 07:38     Profile for michaelb2112   Email michaelb2112     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to everyone for the feedback on my recording. It's nice to know that it's appreciated. Here's hoping for more Voivod (and more good music in general) in the future.

Michael in Montreal

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 24, 2008 13:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANK YOU!!

And yeah Mez, that's Alex Skolnick from Testament, he didn't look right up there with the rest of the band, not metal enough haha

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan