my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Away's book is coming!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Away's book is coming!
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted August 14, 2008 17:51     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Book

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 14, 2008 17:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About bloody time!

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 14, 2008 20:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...even though the offers he’s getting to book Voivod gigs are now more financially lucrative than they ever were, even at their major label peak. Whatever he does, he’s definitely going to be a busy man (laughs).”

That's nice to read. Long overdue of course. This could be a very promising reason for Voivod to continue making music after this next release. I'd hate to see them just tour as a "greatest hits" band and would rather hear new material.

--------------------

yawn

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted August 15, 2008 00:43     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sorta agree. (Macro-agree?, Sub-agree?...)

After the next album, they should do a full tour (with Mastodon and Mars Volta tu boot!)and have the setlist voted by fans. I'd want to hear some of the Forrest-era stuff with Snake singing.

GREAT NEWS on the art book, fer sure, though. Can't wait to get it. (I really to read more books, ya know)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 15, 2008 05:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I'd want to hear some of the Forrest-era stuff with Snake singing."

word!!

From what I have seen his singing is better (read: more aggressive) then it was before.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted August 15, 2008 09:57     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...numbered, signed by Michel, limited to 2000 copies."

gulp. get in line early folks... behind me of course.

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 15, 2008 19:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always wanted to hear Snake do vocals for the Phobos and Negatron albums. No offence to Eric, but it would be cool to have the original recording and also one with Belanger singer.

Kinda like what Mustaine did when he did all the vocals for the MD.45 remaster. Both the original with Lee Ving and the remaster with MegaDave kick arse.

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 16, 2008 17:40     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool news...finally the book is coming! I wonder how many beaver hides it's going to cost me, tho. Limited edition and all...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 18, 2008 11:17     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't wait for that book since forever it will be cool to have a relase party in Montreal....

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 18, 2008 16:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
No offence to Snake, but I love the vokills on Phobos the wey they are. 'nuff said.

Yep, have to agree on that one. But still it would be interesting to hear what Snake would come up with if he did his own versions.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 20, 2008 13:55     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it would great to hear Blacky doing that stuff, imagine "Insect" with his bass sound.
Richard
VoivodFan
Member # 1031

posted September 10, 2008 18:46     Profile for Richard   Email Richard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might have said this already, but on that video someone posted of an old Voivod Mark 2 lineup show, it's really interesting to hear Eric do Snake-era songs like "Fix My Heart" and "The Prow." The vocals are killer.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 21, 2008 23:21     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd also love to hear Snake singing on the Negatron and Phobos stuff. I think I'd like the songs even better.

Anyway, back to topic...

Any more info on the book, or the anticipated release? I swear I'll buy a coffee table if this fucker actually comes out.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 22, 2008 13:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I'd also love to hear Snake singing on the Negatron and Phobos stuff. I think I'd like the songs even better.

I tell you this is never going to happen...

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 22, 2008 22:45     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

I tell you this is never going to happen...

I wasn't really holding my breath.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan