my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metallica - Cyanide (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: Metallica - Cyanide
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 10, 2008 14:13     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you think???

Metallica - Cyanide

i do not know. If this is what the new album is going to sound like It will be another post AJFA album. nod good not bad. I like the riffing in this song but it is just much too damn nice. (just my two cents)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 10, 2008 14:48     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only thing that came up on my mind was:

Why does Larz bother to setup 2 bassdrums?

They should hire Dave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hry7aya4SBw&feature=related

I both think and hope that the new album will stink :-) Hard to break a 20 year tradition...

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 10, 2008 19:06     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not so bad, like Paul said the riffing is good. Won't be getting my hopes up too much for the album though, likely this is going to be the best one on it!

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 10, 2008 23:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the more metallica releases the better Mustaine will feel about getting kicked out.
This ain't cutting it for me. I'll probably buy the cd out od curiousity sake and hope there's at least one Damage Inc tune on it.... and to see if Rubin was able to do anything good with the band that needed so much help.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 11, 2008 07:02     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eh, it might sound better on the studio album, but im not holding my breath. might have to borrow it from someone after it comes out, haha.

i remember hearing them play "Harvester of Sorrow" in Dallas several months before AJFA came out.... now that was a cool live song preview...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 11, 2008 09:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I think the more metallica releases the better Mustaine will feel about getting kicked out.
This ain't cutting it for me. I'll probably buy the cd out od curiousity sake and hope there's at least one Damage Inc tune on it.... and to see if Rubin was able to do anything good with the band that needed so much help.

My thoughts exactly Dave! Mustaine should feel great....

Is it possible to write great music when you're an older, established fatcat driving a bmw with your three kids in the back seat?? I simply think there's no chance of it....cause that hunger is long gone. Obviously they don't need to do it for the money. Its probably just a chance to get away from the wives for a while.....

But of course Kirk thinks differently: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102575

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 11, 2008 10:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Is it possible to write great music when you're an older, established fatcat driving a bmw with your three kids in the back seat?? I simply think there's no chance of it....cause that hunger is long gone. Obviously they don't need to do it for the money. Its probably just a chance to get away from the wives for a while.....

okay, first of all i take exception to the "get away from the wives" comment! i'll fight ya! joking . . . sort of . . .

i think it's possible to still write great music after you've "made it," but for an artist of any discipline, re-inventing what you do is a huge challenge. i don't think it's being a fatcat that's the problem, it's more of an ego thing and accordingly, having a group of people around you who want to continue to build your ego (you're signing their paychecks) so where, and how, do you get honest feedback?

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 11, 2008 11:03     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant help comparing them to Slayer. They both came out at the same time and Slayer ( like em or not) has stayed true to the kind of music they started playing. They embrace their fans by giving them what they expect. Good consistant metal, not some watered down commercial bullshit.

Metallica died with Cliff Burton. We knew it when it happened and it continues to be what is haunting them to this day.

Every new Slayer release they don't spread this new one is going to be like "Show no Mercy" or "Reign". That is the rumour you always hear about any new Metallica album.

It is going to be like it was when.....

Then you hear it and it is more of the same crap.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 11, 2008 11:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The other video from Ozzfest with King Diamond on vocals is much much more interesting...
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UTgNo6Fb9_g

Fuckin' \m/, man!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 11, 2008 13:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The King Diamond material is GREAT!!!! Jamez NOT singing is a definite PLUS. Iron Maiden are filthy rich but can still tear it up and write great material. Overkill, Kreator, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and most of the other bands that were around when Metallica started have consistantly put out excellent albums. Of course some had a couple flops, but overall I can't think of another band from back in the day that is still around that has pussed out more than the the "so-called-greatest-thrash-band-in-the-world". I give them credit for "trying" something different but bottom line is IT SUCKED.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 11, 2008 13:39     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
funny because i read it today:

Fat Cats

King Diamond is still awesome. he lives in Dallas, last time i checked.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 11, 2008 14:01     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 11, 2008 14:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted August 11, 2008 14:42     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
I cant help comparing them to Slayer. They both came out at the same time and Slayer ( like em or not) has stayed true to the kind of music they started playing. They embrace their fans by giving them what they expect. Good consistant metal, not some watered down commercial bullshit.

Slayer are consistent alright, consistently mediocre, even more than Metallica I'd say. Giving people what they expect is as bad as making shit music. I haven't bought a Slayer album since Seasons cos there's just no point.

Metallica have probably come to the conclusion of their career and will just release albums to relieve tedium and to tour. They are no longer a real band anymore.

I'm just glad that there's one last metal album for me to look forward to: Voivod's.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted August 11, 2008 16:31     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How boring... they have a few good riffs, but clearly don't know what to do with them anymore. They've completely lost it...
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 12, 2008 02:40     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They suck even more when you read this.....

quote:
METALLICA's James Hetfield Says Robert Trujillo 'Has Already Contributed More' Than Jason Newsted Did

Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 at 08:51:42 EST

The following story is courtesy of Mtv.com:

Even though he's been in the band going on five years, the talents of bassist Robert Trujillo will be featured on a METALLICA album for the first time on their forthcoming LP Death Magnetic, which lands in stores September 12 and features The Day That Never Comes as its first single.

Before replacing erstwhile bassist Jason Newsted in 2003, Trujillo played with SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, INFECTIOUS GROOVES, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, ALICE IN CHAINS' Jerry Cantrell and Ozzy Osbourne. Trujillo, as you might imagine, couldn't wait to contribute to Metallica's newest material, after spending years on the road with the band, playing bass lines someone else came up with. And he's proud of what Metallica was able to accomplish on Death Magnetic.

"I feel there's a lot of life to the tracks and a real solid groove — things feel tight," Trujillo told MTV News last week. "It's a lot of fun — the material is very dynamic, and we can't wait to present it to the world. It's been a great journey.

"Connecting with them onstage was the first phase of the journey, and then being able to create with them has been a great experience," the bassist added. "It was the best school of song-arranging in metal and rock you can ever imagine. It was a wonderful experience. ... There's nothing like it."

But what was it like for frontman James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich, who've been the driving force behind the band for more than two decades? Hetfield summed it up best: "In the studio — and no offense towards Jason — but Rob has already contributed more to this record than Jason did in 14 years."

A rather bold statement, but one that Ulrich echoed: "It's difficult to praise Rob without insinuating that there was something not great about his predecessor, and I've got nothing but respect and love for Jason. But Rob, he's been with us five years now, and it's completely effortless. ... It's never felt this complete."

But the admiration didn't end there. Guitarist Kirk Hammett, who was absent for much of the time Metallica were in the studio following the births of his sons, Angel and Vincenzo, said it feels as though Trujillo has been in the band since its inception.

"Sometimes I look over at him, and he's playing his bass onstage, and it feels like he's always been there — his chemistry, his personality, it just all fits in really, really well," Hammett said. "He's a godsend."

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 12, 2008 08:02     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
more respect for Jason now than ever.

--------------------

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted August 12, 2008 08:51     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know what's worse, Metallica dramas or Celtic Frost dramas. Slayer won a grammy, without drama, without sucking.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 12, 2008 16:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102646
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 12, 2008 20:28     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metal as in "thrash" it may not be, but I still find this song kinda good especially when comparing it to the nonsense released after -90. Hope the album will be good too, although I won't be holding my breath...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 13, 2008 02:20     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I don't know what's worse, Metallica dramas or Celtic Frost dramas

At least CF's music doesn't suck...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 13, 2008 15:36     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some of the comments were funny:

"rob compared to burton
rob sucks ass cliff is in a whole
nother level than rob
R.I.P. "

They got the fans they deserve.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2008 19:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rob's done more than Newsted because THEY NEVER LET NEWSTED DO ANYTHING!!!! It was the Larz and Jamez show... fuck Kirk barely contributes anything. I still think Mustaine contributed the best material in Metallica, and he can certainly sing better than jamez and play better than Kirk.

Metallica might be Rob's most famous band he's been in and best money maker, but it's also the band with the least integrity that he's ever been in. I'd rather hear him in ST or Infectious Grooves than Metallica.

even the soundboard recording of Cyinide didn't help my opinion... maybe if it was an instrumental

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2008 21:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NICE...
gotta admit, that aside from the actual music Metallica knows how to release top quality merchandise, and quality dvds and vinyl. they certainly give collectors (if there's any 'tallica collectors left) a lot to collect.

--------------------

yawn

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted August 15, 2008 15:04     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
NICE...
gotta admit, that aside from the actual music Metallica knows how to release top quality merchandise, and quality dvds and vinyl. they certainly give collectors (if there's any 'tallica collectors left) a lot to collect.

so does George Lucas, does that make Star Wars films any better.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan