my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Wacken pics :-)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wacken pics :-)
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 04, 2008 04:55     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back from Wacken 08.
We had a great time alright.

2 pages of pics: http://gallery.me.com/stromquist#100293&sel=0

And also shots by our buddy Christoffer: http://gallery.me.com/Cryogenis#100078&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=0

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 04, 2008 08:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantastic!! I was thinking about you guys....what day did it rain? And for how long?? Also how was the Carcass show?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 04, 2008 08:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool pics, thanx for sharing. I was just watching my Saxon Chronicles dvd (live from Wacken) last night while running. Your pics and the live dvds I have are probably the closest I'll ever get to the worlds greatest metal festival.

--------------------

yawn

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 04, 2008 09:49     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We had some rain Friday, but it was really warm and sunny most of the time.

I watched Cynic. Obituary, Opeth and Carcass with the most interest. However much you plan to catch tons of bands, you always spend more time at the campsite or at other places drinking beer and stuff.

The camping is almost endless. About 65000 people means lot's of tents and even more garbage scattered everywhere.

Carcass was the high point for me. They ruled and seemed to have a really good time too. Having Ken there for a short drum solo ruled. If you can, go see them. They are certainly worth it

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 04, 2008 15:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool man!!! Wish i'd been there....thanks

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted August 04, 2008 16:14     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wished I coulda gone.

I wanted to see Carcass again! But it was my birthday and I had a gig in my local - and that was awesome fun.

I took Jeff to see Budgie the week before - it was strange to see him as an audience member!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 04, 2008 22:34     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like you had a great time! Wish I was there as well.

On a happier note, Wacken is coming to Bra-fukkin'-zil next year! Hooray!

And the first band was already confirmed.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 05, 2008 05:49     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Looks like you had a great time! Wish I was there as well.

On a happier note, Wacken is coming to Bra-fukkin'-zil next year! Hooray!

And the first band was already confirmed.

I read that they just confirmed Mambo Kurt as well. Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4KgKcC_Pk

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 06, 2008 21:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shargraves:

I took Jeff to see Budgie the week before - it was strange to see him as an audience member!

BUDGIE!!!! Wish I coulda been there!!!! Waiting for a less expensive release of "You're All Living in Cuckooland"the import is too much for my wallet right now.

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 07, 2008 08:59     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice pics, gave me a smile during my coffeebreak

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan