my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » a question about Carcass vocals

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a question about Carcass vocals
Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted July 30, 2008 18:27     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know that Jeff Walker does the raspy snarl, and Bill Steer does the rumbly growl, but I also know that Ken Owen has vocal credits on the first two albums (and "additional vocals" credits on "Necroticism").

My question, then: is Ken Owen responsible for the gurgling piggy sounds on those first two albums, or are there some other vocals that are just getting lost in the sludge?

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 31, 2008 05:11     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I asked Bill Steer who did the ultra-low barking on 'Carbonised Eye Sockets' and (after pondering for a while since it was recorded 20 years ago) he said:

"I think that was probably Ken"

Much as I love Heartwork, it would be even better with some ultra-low barking.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted July 31, 2008 16:29     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks!

And I agree very much, RE: Heartwork.

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan