my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » show off your other music collectables

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: show off your other music collectables
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 27, 2008 14:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
since there is a cool thread where we're all showing off our vinyl goodies, i thought i'd start one to show off anything else music related that you're proud to have in your possession.

i just updated my art web page
art by schroeder
with a couple new pages. here's a direct link to the page that displays all my floating shelves that have some cool music collecables on them
floating shelves

tell me what ya think and show us some of your cool shit.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 28, 2008 05:06     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm, maybe thisone. My oldest brother painted it for me and it now hangs in our livingroom.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 28, 2008 10:09     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, Schroeder! You should put up some velvety rope, add ticket a box, and set up a cover charge for the Floating Shelf room. That was some cool stuff. Is that really all of it?

The only thing in there that I can say I have is the wonderful Led Zeppelin "Complete Studio Recordings" box set. Got it with a good discount when I worked at Borders in San Francisco when it was first released. Is it just me, but is "For Your Life" one of the best songs ever?!?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 28, 2008 22:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK, DBC!!!! Is that the original MORDRED art by Andreas Marschall that was used for cover of Fools Game? Or did your brother just paint a copy of the original? Either way, it's totally killer; however, if your bro is the original artist, please tell him it's always been one of my fav covers and that a promo poster has been hanging on my wall for many many years... not to mention the album is incredible also.

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 29, 2008 03:49     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope, he copied it for me, because I love this cover very much too and wanted it on my wall. The difference with the original is that this is painted with only oilpaint. He used to do the graphics for the Rainbow FC-magazines for some years. He also painted me a copy of "The song remains the same" from LZ. Thatone hangs above our bed, for sweet dreams Maybe I can make a pic of thatone too.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted July 29, 2008 09:36     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
schroeder, nice pen and ink, I did that sort of stuff way back. Wish I still had the time to to pick it back up again. I did two poster sized drawings, one of cat scratch fever cover, another of scream dream. I lost them over the years. I was good like you.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 29, 2008 21:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish I had more time to draw these days also, but life doesn't give me too much free time to relax and be crative. I've been trying to design a new tattoo and after several cool ideas I'm still not completely satisfied yet.
Thanks for the compliments.
The Schroeder Museum Of Music would always have free admission for my Voivod friends... although you will be searched before leaving the establishment

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 31, 2008 11:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just don't break out that metal detecting wand for fuck's sake.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 31, 2008 21:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
Just don't break out that metal detecting wand for fuck's sake.

I know everyone from here is PURE METAL so what would be the point ?

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan