my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » my video....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my video....
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 26, 2008 19:50     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Guys,

Just had to share....i know it's not everyone's cup of tea here, but since you're like family, I thought I'd share my band's new video. No, it's not for my prog band Death & Taxe$ (www.cdbaby.com/deathtaxes2)
it's a video for my alternative band Present Tense. It's definitely on the commercial side, but I know that some of you here don't mind the softer rock from time to time. Anyway, just had to share. Since we're a relatively smart band, my ugly ass is left out of it for the most part, which suits me just fine. But for all who are interested, I'm the big nose guy to the left (her left) of the pretty blonde singing.

Anyway, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP-YhC7kozw

Like i said, some of you my cringe, some of you might laugh, some of you might drool, and some of you might dig it. Not care which camp you're in....you're my Voivod family!

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 26, 2008 20:45     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love it, it's great!
You lot have an album out already?

--------------------

String em up

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 27, 2008 08:39     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still pretty weird for a 'commercial' band. I like this very much.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 27, 2008 12:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VINCE, that video is perfect for that song. It gives the same vibe as the music, heavy, intense, erotic, exotic, jazzy, ... it's all in there. I've enjoyed Automatic Happy from ptesent tense from the first listen, and it ages like a fine wine. I can honestly hear a lot of Death and taxes bleeding theu this song from begining to end, of course that's understandable sing you're the axeman in both bands and you have a very distint style and sound. Congrats on the killer video. Keep us family members informed on your career. I've been diggin it for years now.

--------------------

yawn

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 28, 2008 13:05     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tom Travolta...yeah, that's me! That's a pretty damn classic description! Thanks, hex. That gave me a good laugh!

Hey Villian, yeah, I have a CD out with that band. It's for sale at www.cdbaby.com/ptense
I can't remember where you're from, but if you're interested and you live in the states, email me directly and I'll work something out with you where you can just pay me for postage or something and I'll throw in some of my other band's stuff too.

But something tells me you're overseas, in which case, www.cdbaby.com/ptense and www.cdbaby.com/deathtaxes2 is your best bet.

As always, thanks for the support guys.....and ladies!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 28, 2008 13:41     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yowzah!

That vid is HOT HOT HOT! Great idear to put youz guys (and gal) in the audience...oh so sexy, no?

Great tune too. You must all be so proud.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 28, 2008 18:07     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it!
It has a dark vibe to it.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 28, 2008 19:12     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DUDE.

that was awesome.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 29, 2008 09:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great work again Vince. Voivod certainly attracts some creative fuckers! I'll be picking up the cd come pay day.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 29, 2008 10:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, no way this is commercial. Her vocal line is too far out there.....Well done man.
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 29, 2008 16:38     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats Vince (music & vid)
commercial?! sorry NO

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 30, 2008 19:26     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys rock. Thanks for the kind words and support.

I just lowered the price of the CDs at the distributor’s site to the lowest possible price I could ($5 is the cheapest I could do) just in case any of you were thinking of buying a hard copy CD

www.cdbaby.com/ptense for the Present Tense cd
www.cdbaby.com/deathtaxes2 for the old Death & Taxe$ cd

I’ll keep it at $5 all week in honor of voivodfan.

If Villain, Mez, Luna, Cthon, H, nuno, Hex, Angelrat, Skul (I know you have it already, Schroed) don’t really care to have the hard copy, drop me a personal email and I’ll be happy to send you mp3s for free. The rest of the album isn’t as hard as the song in the video (I’d like to think that it’s still as creative though), so I don’t want you guys to spend your money and be disappointed. But don’t worry, there’s still a dark streak that runs through it, even in the lighter up tempo songs, but not always heavy.

Anyway, I really just want to say thanks for the support. Contact me if you want the file. Especially, H. Don’t buy it bro’. Band code. I can’t charge you. Just email me and I’ll get you a copy or send you the mp3s.

Later guys. And thanks again. You guys rule. Even the people at this site who didn’t like the video rule. I’m sure some people checked out the video and didn’t think too much of it and could have ripped me for it, but for some reason decided to not bash me. That’s class. All you guys rule. Classiest site on the net.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 30, 2008 20:28     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice one, just ordered it

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 31, 2008 05:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Band code? Bah! I say bands need the damn money! And $5? That's like £2. A beer would cost me more, so consider it me buying you a beer!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan