my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Isaac Asimov & the Blacky haircut

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Isaac Asimov & the Blacky haircut
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 21, 2008 07:55     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Asimov's "Prelude to Foundation" was published in 1988, two years after Killing Technology came out. Something caught my eye on p.42 (Bantam paperback 2004):

"Of course not. That's advanced fashion for young lanks."
"For young what?"
"A lank is someone who wears things for their shock value. I'm sure you have such people on Helicon."
Seldon snorted. "There are those who wear their hair shoulder-length on one side and shave the other ." He laughed at the memory.
Hummin's mouth twisted slightly. "I imagine it looks uncommonly ugly."
"Worse. There are lefties and righties, apparently, and each finds the other version highly offensive. The two groups often engage in street brawls."

Is this pure coincidence or was Asimov a Voivodfan (or a hater, hehe)?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 21, 2008 09:39     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know one thing, and that is that i'm a fan of both

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Richard
VoivodFan
Member # 1031

posted July 21, 2008 12:54     Profile for Richard   Email Richard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That reminds me of that classic Star Trek episode with the guys who were black on one side and white on the other, and they killed each other over it.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 21, 2008 14:19     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How strange, I bought this one on the way home today.

and also I have wind from eating pasties all weekend. The coincidences are remarkable.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 21, 2008 17:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, that's awesome.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan