my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Sunday, 7/20/08 Cavalera Conspiracy in NYC

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sunday, 7/20/08 Cavalera Conspiracy in NYC
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted July 17, 2008 10:16     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Irving Plaza

Anyone else going?

I know someone else from here is.

Come on. Should be a fun show.....

|  IP: Logged
Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted July 17, 2008 13:55     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, a few thousend miles too far away... IŽd love to come though...

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 17, 2008 21:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell yeah man....tix bought last night....anyone close to NYC let's do this!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 17, 2008 23:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
where the hell do you live now Mez that makes it possible to drive to NYC. I don't care how close I live to NYC, I will NEVER drive into that city for ANY band. I'm not an agressive enough driver to deal with traffic there and don't want the stress of trying to do take 30 years off my life and probably get a stroke trying to make a turn.
Give me Philadelphia, Baltimore or even DC any day. My one trip as a passenger to see Porcupine Tree in NYC was enough stress for me.

Although I heard the smart way into the city is via train or subway or parachute or catapult.

Have a great time.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 26, 2008 09:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Total flop. Tom you missed nothing.

Three bands that came on before CC were beyond awful. Bury Your Dead were the God Forbid cover band for the evening. Throwdown...well, just look at the name and I think that spells out the performance style..steroid metalcore. And Dillinger Escape Plan...who I had high hopes for...played none of the more interesting material they've come up with recently...no dynamics whatsoever..just jumping up and down spazzout moronic yelling....Terrible.

Now on to Cavalera Conspiracy. I think Inflikted is a very solid album. But this night they seemed out of it...it was the second night at the same venue: Irving Plaza. Guess they were tired and wanted to move on down the road. Not that I can blame them. Except for the title track the new material came off very weak. When they would play the Sepultura stuff...it was really disgusting. Almost a caricature of their former selves. And what was really disturbing was the guitar player. Mike Rizzo and his Yankees ball cap. WTF?

Rough night. Fortunately Imran was there for moral support and tons of laughs. That saved the evening.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 26, 2008 10:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
where the hell do you live now Mez that makes it possible to drive to NYC. I don't care how close I live to NYC, I will NEVER drive into that city for ANY band. I'm not an agressive enough driver to deal with traffic there and don't want the stress of trying to do take 30 years off my life and probably get a stroke trying to make a turn.

i would probably cry if i had to do it. fortunately, i live with someone who ENJOYS DRIVING IN MANHATTAN. he's crazy like that.

thanks for the show report, mez!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 26, 2008 12:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Schroed...this was vacation and no I was not driving. I had a chauffeur.
Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted July 27, 2008 01:47     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metal is dead, Mez & I witnessed the funeral. It was nice knowin' you metal. R.I.P.

Mez - glad you got home safe, it was a blast.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 27, 2008 12:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Oh Schroed...this was vacation and no I was not driving. I had a chauffeur.

That explains it!!!! I was begining to wonder if you drove all the way up from the south for this show... which I certainly couldn't understand, even from you!!!!
So you didn't like THROWNDOWN as being the second coming of Pantera?
Glad ya had fun even though none of the bands delivered.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 28, 2008 13:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, and that pic is awful too.

Good. Then I'm not missing anything by not seeing this tour.

Now Carcass...anyone flying hither and yon for this show? I hope to make it to San Francisco in Sept.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

winoguy
VoivodFan
Member # 748

posted August 02, 2008 09:50     Profile for winoguy   Email winoguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw them in Worcestor, MA and they were great.

Can't wait for Carcass. We'll see what they've got left in the tank.

--------------------

11-7-88 w/ Violence
5-15-03 w/ Sepultura
6-22-08 w/ Anthrax

Interested in CDR trades. Have over 3100 titles in thrash, doom, death, grind, hardcore, NWOBHM, 70's, power etc. I sell on ebay under vladdrac666
http://www.myspace.com/doommetalpatches

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 03, 2008 09:04     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A freind asked me to help move and they were completly un prepared. It was also 100 fucking degrees and I couldn't get there.

I would have been livid if I got all the way there and they were terrible. A buddy saw the Sat show and he said it was ok, not great but ok.

Sorry I couldn't make it. I will be seeing Carcaas in Sept at the Starland in NJ! Then Overkill in October.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 12, 2008 14:21     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
fortunaely, i live with someone who ENJOYS DRIVING IN MANHATTAN. he's crazy like that.

Yah, I remember when he navigated me (eventually) to H & Nell's place in South London. He remained serene and giggly whilst I deformed my steering wheel and also began to seep red piss from the sheer unbelievable tension of driving through a city. I'm more used to such driving now but I still think Blacky is a crazy bastard.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan