my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "Phobos" question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Phobos" question
Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted July 01, 2008 12:12     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anyone tell me what Piggy used to get that spacey, echo-y opening guitar bit in the song "Phobos?" I know practically nothing about guitar, but I'm curious about the sound...it won't leave my head, and it gives me chills just thinking about it.

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 01, 2008 14:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask H. He's nicked that effect and made two albums out of it.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 01, 2008 15:50     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Ask H. He's nicked that effect and made two albums out of it.

Must be a Fender and a load of jazz cigarettes then?

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 01, 2008 18:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If H used it to make 2 albums than it must be a couple cases of GUINESS EXTRA DARK.

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 01, 2008 18:32     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boss DD5. Play around with it long enough and you'll find it. But I wouldn't really know, honest guv...

Just covering my tracks as we're half way through writing the third album of voiv.. I mean original ideas.

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted July 01, 2008 19:39     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bitchin, thanks!

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 02, 2008 11:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boss delays are awesome. I use an old japanese DM-2 from the 80s. Analog, baby!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 02, 2008 22:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Just covering my tracks as we're half way through writing the third album of voiv.. I mean original ideas.

NOW THAT'S SOME GREAT FUCKIN NEWS!!!!
Another EOLB!!!!
Rev, if you haven't heard End Of Level Boss "Inside the Difference Engine" or "Prologue" you really need to add these albums to your collection... your brain and ears will thank you.
http://www.eolb.com/

check out the "sounds" page

if H ain't gonna brag about his band because he's too humble, than I sure as hell will.

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 03, 2008 16:30     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder... I hearby officially hire you as EOLB pr dude. And to celebrate I got you a truck for your birthday...

Got it cheap 'cause they fucked up the spelling!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 03, 2008 16:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah! Happy Birthday Schroeder! Have a good 'un.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 03, 2008 19:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indeed! Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy
birthday schroeder.

luv & kisses,

Luna

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 03, 2008 22:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted July 04, 2008 00:59     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, I´m still a Newbie...

But also Happy Birthday from me, Schroeder!!!

And all the others who have been forgotten, Hex.

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 04, 2008 05:59     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy birthday Hex, and Meg also.
Have another geek cake!

--------------------

String em up

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 04, 2008 07:15     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shit, i missed what is obviously your unofficial b-day thread, Schroeder, haha...

happy belated, dude.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 04, 2008 09:08     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Birthday, dude!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 04, 2008 15:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy birthday dude!!

What did you ask, some cd's huh??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 04, 2008 16:48     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy belated b-day dude! Hope it was a good one.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 04, 2008 18:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you all!!!
H, I'll drive the truck around blasting EOLB!!!!

My girlfriend surprise the hell outta be by showing up at my job in a Duck costume with ballons and a brownie cake singing Happy Birthday. She's a nut, and I love her madly!!! I also finally got the Porcupine Tree Jananse 7 album cd box set that she bought a couple months ago for my b-day... it's SWEET!!!!

Her kids got me Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii, and I quickly realize I suck worse at the Wii guitar than I do with my Epiphone Special!!! I'm hoping GH3 is the one with Voivod, so it will make me wanna get good enough to have it come up in the list!!!

--------------------

yawn

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted July 04, 2008 22:20     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, happy belated, schroeder!

--------------------

- Philip J. Fry

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 05, 2008 12:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speak of being late!

Happy belated birthday, dudes and dudette! Hope y'all had a blast!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 05, 2008 17:10     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy belated B-Day to all of ya and whomever I might have forgotten!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan