my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Seriously, y'all...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seriously, y'all...
Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted June 27, 2008 18:56     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I absolutely can not stop listening to, reading about, talking about, and thinking about Voivod. I've listened to nothing but Voivod for over a month now, except when other people are around (and I often play them then, as well).

I've even had dreams the past 2 nights based on the images that Nothingface puts into my mind.

It's not just Nothingface, though, it's all of it - I'm utterly blown away by the entire catalog (I've yet to hear Negatron, Kronik, or Lives, but I love Phobos).

I realize it's old news to y'all, but this fucking band won't leave my head, and I love it.

I can hardly remember how I lived without Voivod.

That is all.

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

|  IP: Logged
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted June 27, 2008 19:42     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and you'll never be able to shake the feeling. they're just that good. one of the greatest catalogues ever. and if your talking music strictly in the metal category, it's absolutely the greatest catalogue ever.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 27, 2008 19:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After being a fan from the first album I can honestly say the feeling you're having REV dowsn't really wear off. Voivod does not get old or outdated. They've never been a flavor of the week and there are still plenty of times when I just listen to their catalog over and over and over again... and then I put on Porcupine Tree for a break

Yep, timeless music. Enjoy the begining of your lifelong journey.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 27, 2008 19:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aah, reminds me of when I was at school.

--------------------

String em up

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 28, 2008 06:50     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my advice: avoid any haircut homages you might brainstorm up, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 28, 2008 08:08     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know at MTL I was "geeking out" with this girl Michele (who is the girlfriend of the bass player from Neuraxis). We were like two trekkies or Star Wars people getting excited just talking about VV.

I totally get what you mean Rev. Most people think I am nuts when I talk about them. I mean when Katorz came out I bought 5 copies, one for me, one my kids, and three for freinds. All think I am crazy, guess what they are right!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 28, 2008 12:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Your excitement is exactly how i felt during the Voivod "Poofy Pirate Shirt" era.

May Terry "Mr. Gray Hair" Brown live forever!

Cheers!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 28, 2008 13:41     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We Are Not Alone!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 28, 2008 14:33     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
[QB]You know at MTL I was "geeking out" with this girl Michele (who is the girlfriend of the bass player from Neuraxis). We were like two trekkies or Star Wars people getting excited just talking about VV.

I totally get what you mean Rev. Most people think I am nuts when I talk about them. I mean when Katorz came out I bought 5 copies, one for me, one my kids, and three for freinds. All think I am crazy, guess what they are right!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

QB]

I remember 10 years ago all my conversations (for example at birthday parties) with other people ended talking about how great Voivod was in my opinion. I lived, breathed and ate Voivod so to speak! I had only seen them 1 time at the TOL tour and when Negatron came out I couldn't believe my eyes what Voivod had turned into!! I bought the album and told a friend who I met at the German Octoberfest one week before how Voivod was influenced by Pink Floyd. He wanted to hear that for sure, so he traveled with me to Holland. The moment I put Negatron on he said: "You call this Pink Floyd influence??".

I got through scool making a lot of homework and listening to my first 4 voivod lp's. Well I didn't hear them but kind of woke up everytime one side of the record was finished. Now I must say that I lsiten to a lot of other music nowadays and listen to Voivod less regular. But last days my Voivod-heart is beating faster and faster!

Hopefully this will lead to another great album folowed by a European Tour!!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 28, 2008 17:05     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do listen to some other bands sometimes. But usually it doesn´t take very long ´til I NEED to turn back to Voivod. I guess, I´m highly addicted.

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 30, 2008 13:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Knowing the music of Voivod actually change your perception of other music. Nothing sounds like Voivod!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan