my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Complete Heavy MTL video available for download (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Complete Heavy MTL video available for download
michaelb2112
VoivodFan
Member # 1029

posted June 23, 2008 22:50     Profile for michaelb2112   Email michaelb2112     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, this is not a joke. So stop looking at those brief You Tube video clips, wishing all the while you could see the full Heavy MTL set by Voivod. The full deal is here.

I was lucky enough to attend the 2-day festival, and could not wait for Voivod on the second day. As a fan for the past 20 years, I knew I had to record THIS SHOW. I filmed from Blacky's side and quite close. There is no zoom on my digital camera during filming, so you see the full stage for the whole video. The setlist is:

Voivod
The Prow
Tornado
Ravenous Medicine
The Unknown Knows
Tribal Convictions
Brainscan
Astronomy Domine

Click the link here to download from Megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R4HRFU5S

The file is about 950 MB, so it may take awhile. But like many good things in life, it'll be worth the wait.

Enjoy.

Michael in Montreal

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 23, 2008 23:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOLY MUTHAFUCKIN' MOTHER OF DOG!!!!!!

You deserve the honorary "member of the month" award!

Thanks a lot!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 23, 2008 23:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sweet! thanks!!
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 23, 2008 23:28     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANKS !!!!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 24, 2008 00:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Download finished.

GRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 24, 2008 04:59     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Michael, you´re a hero! THANKS!!!

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 24, 2008 06:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Member of the month?

I would give u the Member of the YEAR award for this!

Thank you so much.

Cheers!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 24, 2008 07:49     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent

Thanks

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 24, 2008 08:16     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the video!! I'm like "Oh so this is how it looked like from the audience!". heh.

Y'know what's hilarious? You can see the back of Pierre St-Jean's head the whole time! Haha!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 24, 2008 11:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Y'know what's hilarious? You can see the back of Pierre St-Jean's head the whole time! Haha!

i like the start where the alcoholica guy and that girl are smooching. heh heh...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 24, 2008 14:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Michael you must be pretty tall or were standing on a crate?? How did you get over the punters in front of you???

'Tornado' floored me. I haven't been this excited about music in a longgggggg time. Wow.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 24, 2008 17:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
download started.
sounds like it will be well worth the wait to be able to watch this historic even

thanx

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 24, 2008 21:52     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That rules...

My kids are watching it now.

raise em right.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 24, 2008 23:39     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Couldn't figure how to get the download jobby to work! I suck at internet.

Will have another go later..

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 24, 2008 23:50     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HV, look for.....

Please enter MLL here:

...and enter the letters, press "Download"

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 25, 2008 00:03     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man that is just AWESOME dude, thanks for posting it. Now how the f do I break this file up to burn it to CDR? (there ain't no high-falutin', fancy-pants DVD burner 'round these parts) Anyone know of a free program for this particular purpose?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 25, 2008 05:59     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
Thanx alot

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 25, 2008 06:47     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, fairly obvious really! Duh.

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 25, 2008 08:47     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Oh yeah, fairly obvious really! Duh.

Hah, it took me a while to notice that myself

But damn, I just woke up to the video!! Watched Voivod and Tornado. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two watery eyes (I got sunscreen in them ). Now I'm off to school....I'll have to be further amazed later.

gothmog665
VoivodFan
Member # 439

posted June 26, 2008 13:52     Profile for gothmog665   Email gothmog665     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow , incredible , thanks . downloading now.
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted June 26, 2008 16:37     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shit, that was awesome!

Voivod prove they still are the greatest metal band in the galaxy.

Dan did a great job of Piggy's songs too - thank you, sir!

TOOOOORR,,,,,,NAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,DOOOOOOOO!!!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 27, 2008 08:53     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
above and beyond the call, thanks for the vid... downloading now!

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted June 27, 2008 16:21     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is fantastic!!

Did you have a nuclear battery or something to record the lot!!!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 28, 2008 17:42     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, I never got the chance to see Voivod live, so all video footage I get is worth its length in uranium! Merci!!!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

michaelb2112
VoivodFan
Member # 1029

posted July 01, 2008 10:13     Profile for michaelb2112   Email michaelb2112     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everyone,

Thanks for the comments about the video. I am glad that people are digging it.

I look forward to more Voivod shows in the future. They'll be opening for Priest in Montreal on August 12. Get where you'll find me that evening!

Take care.
Michael

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan