my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » [ATT] Question to Blacky...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [ATT] Question to Blacky...
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 23, 2008 14:35     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,

I'm desperatly trying to get an answer from the band but I've failed miserably, so maybe someone can get Jean-Yves to read this and give me a straight answer...

I think it's absolutey amazing that Voivod is playing live again, especially with Noiraud back in the fold. I'm quite happy for you guys that you're playing Heavy MTL, opening for Judas Priest and going to Japan with Testament.

But, something bugs me to no end with all of this and I need to get if off my chest: since the 2003 comeback, the band only played two shows in Montréal (except the show opening for Motorhead with Vincent Peake on bass) and they were part of huge/expensive festivals. 75$ for Heavy MTL, 90$ or so for Ozzfest in 2003 (or 2004?). As much as I love the band, being a true loyal fan since 1986, I'm NOT going to pay that much money to see the band in an arena or on a huge outdoor stage. I can't really afford it and even if I could, I hate paying to see other bands I don't care about only to see Voivod play at best half an hour.

Since the current lineup is all Montréal based, why aren't you headlining a show at Foufs or some other smaller venue to allow your hometown fans to see the band up close and personal like it should? When was the last headlining show in your hometown? It's been so long it's almost ridiculous!

I know that Blacky has nothing to do with the situation, being involved with the band only recently, but I'm sure he can give me at least some kind of answer?

Thanks!!!

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 24, 2008 14:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yep.
I'm not camping in the rain again for ANY band!

I'm guessing there will be a "proper" tour when the album is done??

--------------------

String em up

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 24, 2008 14:21     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is ONE band I would camp in the rain for - if they´d only come within the reach of a few hundred kilometers...

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 24, 2008 23:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, but as you know I am a Bad Fan.

Well, if they come to Europe I might.

--------------------

String em up

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 25, 2008 03:41     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah I'd camp in 3ft of liquid shit if they toured with Europe. My two favourite bands!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 25, 2008 04:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*titter*

You has bad taste in musics. I disowns you.

--------------------

String em up

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 25, 2008 04:58     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Yah I'd camp in 3ft of liquid shit if they toured with Europe. My two favourite bands!

That´s it! WAR AND PAIN!!!

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 25, 2008 05:06     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
.. and you wud smell funny. Like Bungle's finger.

Anyway they won't even tell us about Jason's finger. Heh.

--------------------

String em up

winoguy
VoivodFan
Member # 748

posted June 25, 2008 05:15     Profile for winoguy   Email winoguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gladly paid $150 for this fest and drove 370 miles to see Voivod.

--------------------

11-7-88 w/ Violence
5-15-03 w/ Sepultura
6-22-08 w/ Anthrax

Interested in CDR trades. Have over 3100 titles in thrash, doom, death, grind, hardcore, NWOBHM, 70's, power etc. I sell on ebay under vladdrac666
http://www.myspace.com/doommetalpatches

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 25, 2008 06:06     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You lucky bastard!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 25, 2008 06:49     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aah... these Proper fans.

--------------------

String em up

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 25, 2008 08:32     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do my best

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 25, 2008 13:33     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HV's got two Voivod tattoos on her arms but an even bigger White Lion tattoo on her bottom.

I've seen it.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 25, 2008 13:53     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
REally? How come?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 25, 2008 14:28     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eh? It's a Lion Bar dammit!
And I have a Kit Kat on the other cheek.

Still doesn't excuse the fact we didn't spend hundreds of pounds flying over the other side of the world to see Voivod play for like half an hour!
We suck. Lazy and tight fisted we are, heh.

--------------------

String em up

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 25, 2008 15:45     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's all cool and stuff, but that doesn't answer my question!!!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 25, 2008 15:54     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
your question is virtually impossible for someone to answer who has played one show in 17 years...
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 25, 2008 15:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I lived in Montreal (which I assume you do) and had a chance to see this band....believe me, $75 would be no hurdle! I don't understand what the problem is? You people up there have no idea how lucky you are............
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 25, 2008 16:03     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
your question is virtually impossible for someone to answer who has played one show in 17 years...

Oh ok, I thought Jean-Yves would be in the know... sorry for asking

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 25, 2008 16:06     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
don't be sorry! he just doesn't know.
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 25, 2008 17:22     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My return trip wasn't so great either.

I get to the border sweaty, with no voice, and still pumped up. The douche bag pig of a border officer asks why I was in Montreal. I tell hime to see the reunion at of the mighty VV at a heavy metal festival. The next question, "are there drugs in the car?"

My first thought was to say "yes, I just did a line of coke off my dashboard..."

instead a simple "no."

Fucker still pulled me over and searched my car.

I mean I can't complain he is doing his job. I was traveling alone in a car after being in MTL for only one day. Howver, the look of disgust on his face led me to believe he was not a big fan of metal and that was why I would be searched. Not because I was alone.

I was a zombie at work the next day.

I would still take that over being trapped in the airport overnight like Hex. However, that is what you get for being a big meanie like Skul.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 25, 2008 21:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tsawyer, next time you're coming back from Canada just tell them your returning from the Celine Dion or Bryan Adams concert and I'm sure you'll be waved thru the border.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 26, 2008 04:49     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, I feel a tiny bit less jealous now.
Not a lot though.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan