my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod show report

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod show report
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 23, 2008 10:58     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good morning all!

Well, I drove up from NJ to MTL alone to go see this great band. What a fucking great show.

I really wished all of you who couldn't make it, were there. It was really something to see and it was a show I will never forget, regardless of what the future may bring.

That being said Piggy not being physically there was glaring. I mean Dan did a FANTASTIC job filling in and the show was VOIVOD. However no piggy hurt and you could tell he was in everyone's thoughts.

They had his black original guitar in front of the drum set and (I get choked up even thinking about it) Snake picked it up and presented it to the audience. You can see it in the photos from the show's web site. He was making it seem like it was flying around finally laying to rest in the center of the stage right in front of where I was. I don't know about any one else but I was on the verge of sobbing nevermind tears.

Dude they fucking played Tornado! From the beginning of the show to the end I was going totally fucking nuts. In the front were all of us Voivod fans going crazy, singing (screaming) every word to every song and I was in fucking heaven. What a set list and what a show.

They fucking played fucking Tornado!

Afterwards, I bought a shirt and got them to sign it. They had an autograph session and I was the fouth in line. As usual, they were all really cool and down to earth. Away recoginzed me name from me ordering the KT print a few months ago. I am going to find the $$$ to have him do an original piece for me. They goofed on my name and couldn't belive I was about to drive back home to NJ soon after meeting them. I had to go to work today.

It was a great day and again I wished all of you were there. Now I am in my office head still ringing from the amps and am wearing a small slight grin.

I saw Voivod play live yesterday. I hope I gave you some insight on what it was like to be there. Take that mental picture and multply it by two.

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 23, 2008 11:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, it ruled. hehe

Was great to meet you, man!

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted June 23, 2008 12:03     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed that show because of the useless stupid Saint-Jean Baptiste - I had to covered this stupid thing for my newspaper.

And again tonite and tomorrow...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 23, 2008 12:17     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah that sucks... I actually wondered where you were yesterday, i'm like "where's ron?"
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 23, 2008 13:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so tsawyerfam, did you have a good time? GREAT review, and yeah, I wish I coulda been there with ya. The couple of videos that are on youtube (thanx skull) are very energetic... especially Blacky. It would be great if they recorded this professionally to release as a cd or even a high quality download. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest in it.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 23, 2008 22:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great review indeed, thanks a lot Tom Sawyer!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 23, 2008 22:39     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
They fucking played fucking Tornado!

My left nut. Or the right.

To have seen Blacky there, playing THAT fucking song...

CASTRATE ME GODDAMMIT!!!!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 24, 2008 12:21     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Yep, it ruled. hehe

Was great to meet you, man!

Likewise my friend.

What a day.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan