my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod supporting Judas Priest. (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Voivod supporting Judas Priest.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 12, 2008 11:19     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be on the floor with my WAR AND PAIN t-shirt......

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

|  IP: Logged
royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted August 12, 2008 12:53     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm staying at a B&B literally one block from the Bell Centre...
I'll be on the floor in my Nothingface shirt (4 images), on BLACKY's side.

Hey Syl Disjonk... does the Syl stand for Strapping Young Lad?... they're my second favorite metal band next to Voivod.

Wandering around Montreal I've been looking specifically for Voivod and SYL merch, but alas, barely any to be found. Just CD's I already have.

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 12, 2008 13:05     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Make sure you eat a smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's!

3895 Saint-Laurent Boulevard
Montreal, Quebec · H2W 1X9 · Canada
Tel: (514) 842-4813

I walked it from the Bell Center, don't do that.

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted August 12, 2008 13:42     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope, you guys have your cameras ready! Have a great show!

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 12, 2008 14:03     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, I'm not even planning on taking a camera. Hehe. I might, i dunno. I just dont wanna have it confiscated or whatever.

Which reminds me, I gotta get ready to go. MTL is 2 hours away.

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted August 12, 2008 14:50     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
May the Schwartz smoked sandwich be with me? heh
Looking at the map, that is a far walk.

I'm trying not too walk very much... between the 11 hour train ride, uncomfortable mattress, a pinched nerve in my back was reaggravated. arg

I'm bringing a camera just in case a good opportunity arises, but I too don't want any security hassles.

Currrently thundering and lightning in Montreal.

--------------------

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted August 12, 2008 17:09     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shiva23:

Currrently thundering and lightning in Montreal.

I´m not surprised about that...

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 12, 2008 17:28     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could be a Tornado brewing!!!!!!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 13, 2008 02:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Show was cool.
Voivod killed. (same setlist as Heavy MTL, but even tighter!)
Priest was great. (Rob Halford's coats are loads of OMG's and LOL's)

I'm going to bed. Nite!

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 13, 2008 06:40     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbxVFots1o
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted August 13, 2008 07:58     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Montreal's Gazette posted this:

Priest/Voïvod show

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 13, 2008 09:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its amazing how good they sound together! What a show...wow. 4800 fans....holy hell.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted August 13, 2008 11:34     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's the footage. Yeah!!!!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102723

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 13, 2008 11:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After seen the live footage of this concert on BBM I had goosebumbs (?) all over my skin. This felt good, i was in need of it!! Hopefully Voivod continues making music with the 4 of them. And come to fucking Europe for dog's sake !!! (kidding. i am just hoping for it to happen. There are lots of fans outside Montreal)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 13, 2008 14:32     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skulhed:
[QB]Show was cool.
Voivod killed. (same setlist as Heavy MTL, but even tighter!)

Excuse me while I say,

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I should have been there.

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted August 13, 2008 15:39     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As a matter of fact tsawyerfam, there WERE Tornados reported in Canada yesterday... Saskatoon if I recall correctly. It was on the tv news.

Here's the setlist:
Voivod
The Prow
Tornado
Ravenous Medicine
The Unknown Knows
Tribal Convictions
Brain Scan
Astronomy Domine

The show was inspired and damn heavy. Seeing Blacky on the blower bass was awesome. Dan did a great job. How does he play with all that hair flying around?

The journey was totally worth it, I'd do it again for sure. If I had to guess, I'd say they will tour again after the next album is released, if not before then as well. They looked like they were having such a good time up there, why stop?

There was Voivod merchandise available, 3 black T-shirts ($40 each!!!):
1. War & Pain cover art
2. early Voivod and skull logo (silvery ink)
3. Killing tech logo with Korgull skull.
and also wrist sweatbands with a new logo on it $15

Oh to have a Killing Technology shirt...

I was surprised how few Voivod shirts were in the audience, but as luck would have it, Syl Disjonk found mine after Voivod's set. Super friendly guy , and a bit wasted! We didn't hangout too long... I left early, exhausted and sore.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 13, 2008 16:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Syl? Wasted? Isnt he always? haha.
Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted August 13, 2008 18:22     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank y´all for sharing your impressions of the show! Great videos - must have been awesome again. I really do hope, they´ll continue playing live...

--------------------

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted August 14, 2008 06:54     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tornado

Another one. Sounding Sooooooo amazing I could weep. Again.
I love how the audience respond to THAT bass sound when the songs breaks down - how they they roar.
Yes, I've missed that too.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 14, 2008 07:35     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
videos are awesome.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 14, 2008 09:39     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya lucky bastards

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 14, 2008 10:26     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Ya lucky bastards

He Matt, your email isn't wat it used to be. hv@irongang.com not right anymore? I was sending you something but it was bounced back.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 14, 2008 12:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, irongang one no worky.
Best use the yahoo one!

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 14, 2008 13:12     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hv@yahoo.com ?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 14, 2008 13:15     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
korgull666-at-yahoo-dot-com

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan